Pictures of your latest ride continued

Wind blew 11 m/s in burst, but at least ground was hard.

@bungeejoe what knee/shin armour are you wearing? Looks very nice.

I got the KH knee/shin guards and find that during riding they slide down to some extend.
I’m worrying that the knee may become exposed during a knee slide…

Where do you ride in the middle picture on the sloping sides or in the narrow middle? It doesn’t look like a comfortable ride.

Spring is here.

My latest ride… under confinement!

thumbnail from latest video/ride
check it out if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5oB5gqPbE

@Setonix I rode the left side cobbles.
I like my camber with the right side up :slight_smile:

It is tough going indeed.
But somehow these offroad cobbles have a strange attraction!

From yesterday’s 20 km geocaching maintenance tour on the 27.5" Muni

(no pictures of the road riding part)

I would think that the rounded hit and miss surface of the cobbles would not have much of a negative camber effect. The negative effect of camber is greatest on paved surfaces with very good friction between the surface and the tire. With less friction as going from dry pavement to wet pavement to gravel to non-paved surfaces the camber effect gets less. I’d guess that the rounded cobble surfaces would not be much of a camber problem.

My Car was photobombed. At least unicycles could be seen in back

Perfect conditions today.

confinement 2

the good news is that

• I’m able to do 4 reverse in back cicling
  • jump (probably) the manhole

credit:

I wish I had a place like that to practice. I wouldn’t mind being confined in that. Though in NL we can still ride around outside. Did 22km last weekend in the forest with the good weather.

I’m mostly lurking, so this is my first post. However I figured I have to post something since this thread didn’t get any updates today. Guess that’s because in a lot of countries people aren’t even allowed out of the house. We have to keep groups below 5 people and stick to 2m distance but we can still leave the house to go unicycling. I went in the morning in the hope to meet fewer people - sometimes it’s hard to keep the 2m distance on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Took fat boy out for trip around harbour

Above the falls on my 100 mile ride route:

Some pics from my gravel - dirt ride last Sunday
Click for larger version

Looking back after my first fall since my knee surgery last December
Some nasty gravel there. Hurrah for wrist guard and KH percussion. Fell onto wrists and knee and rolled onto my backback.
No harm done apart from a little bruise between elbow and wrist.

View of the landing zone

Off-road cobbles

Shadow man

Looking back after UPD

IMG_9182.jpg

So why did you UPD there?
> Because there are too many bumps and the wheel starts bouncing, or
> because for a long while you were doing great and your mind started wandering and oops there was an unforeseen bump, or
> your wheel slid sideways when riding on a bigger rock?

(I UPD in all those cases ^_^)

For sure the “not riding on the on the shoulder of the track” (right side of image) did me no good.

My mind was definitely not wandering as this is the challenging last ramp up to the junction you see in the 2nd image.
Its a the end of a dirt/gravel track that goes slightly uphill, the final bit is steepest and has the biggest chunks of gravel.
It takes some effort to ride onto and you need to tackle it at decent speed.

As I was cranking hard, while pulling up on the saddle, I suddenly just got thrown off, I think a combination of bouncing and wheel spin.

Gravel this coarse is a very tricky surface to ride on.

I do UPD when bouncing too much (even when anticipated) and I know about the wandering mind.

Because of riding these specific tracks I’m getting better at dealing with sideways slipping.
What seems to work for me:

• a good pull up on the saddle handle (keeps the feet in place)
  • keep speeding

In the last Image I’m looking back after an UPD (not fall) due to prolonged bouncing about :slight_smile: