Pictures of your latest ride continued

20 km ride at the Gatineau park! lots of hills

after i flansberried around some i feelt somehow … smal…? :smiley:

I reckon it is a 16" wheel ur riding, given the size of the bench?

We were at the British round of the Downhill Mountain Bike World Cup at Fort William, Scotland, at the weekend. The uni stayed in the back of the car while we were there – my current riding standard isn’t really good enough for mingling with hard-core mountain bikers and the best down hill racers in the world… My Kris Holm T-shirt with “If it were easy it would be called mountain biking” on the back got an airing though and I escaped unscathed.

The Muni did however get an outing later a few miles away at Neptune’s Staircase, a flight of eight locks which join the Caledonian Canal to the sea at Loch Linnhe. I did manage to ride across one of the lock gates, the railings on each side give a bit of confidence you won’t end up in the water… :slight_smile:

The second photo is from where we were staying, just at the other side of the canal from the first, looking towards Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the British Isles. The World Cup is held at Aonach Mor, a couple of miles to the left of the hill in the image.

–Andrew

As always, great pics gang :slight_smile:
Here’s my latest addition. A 29" Penny.
Loving it :slight_smile:

IMG_3668.jpg

The view of Mt Whiteface from the top. It’s a pretty miserable climb for someone who rarely does road riding.

A beautiful climb for someone who loves road climbs though! :sunglasses:

I was out for a ride in Warwickshire yesterday. My better half runs the route, I ride beside her, we chat. I steamed off ahead at one point. Whilst I was waiting for her I spotted my first uni (out in the wild, as the rider put it).

Later, whilst we were chatting at the cafe at the end of the ride, a guy on a 26" muni rode by. He was past and gone before we could get his attention.

It was great to finally meet another uni rider.

1 Like

looks like mt washington to me. :slight_smile: must be somewhere around …
‘ve been there 2012 or 13 (mt washington) - and felt very sorry for not havin’ my ride with me.
so i had to climb it by car (ha, what a challenge).

But i think they wouldnt let one get up mt washington if not by car or shuttle.

50K ride

The company I work for (formerly Ixia, recently purchased by Keysight) does an annual 50K charity ride, with employees participating from offices around the world. (This was about two weeks ago.) This week they sent around an email newsletter to all employees, with this photo. Proud to represent unicyclers! :slight_smile:

TdK 2018.png

My first 50 mile ride

A 50 mile ride on the Willapaw Hills trail. Western Washington state, USA

More pics at:

Jim

Nice! Looks like there are some great trails in the PNW, both on-road and off.

as a mustachoied sixty-niner myself I wish I could ride 70km with my Aulde Coker (ride your age challenge):o (I probably need someone to ride with me on some interesting route then: I usually find distance riding boring :roll_eyes: )

Congrats, JimT, well done!
I see your Oracle has a black rim – is that a special order item, costs more?

This is an old railroad grade. Nice country side and level grade. Except for about 25 miles of my 50 that are looser gravel it is an ideal unicycling path.

This was an organized bike ride so there were lots of riders and rest stops about every 5 miles. Not too boring.

This is a Nimbus Stealth 36er and it comes standard with a black Nimbus 36" Stealth2 rim. It is the same rim as the Oracle’s green rim except for the color.

Thanks everyone for he comments,
Jim

I think distance riding is fun when you have all the time and don’t have the inner voice saying you need to make a good time. naturally riding distance on a long straight road becomes boring and you need some nice side roads, but just a relaxing cruising speed, enjoying the landscape, brings you a nice distance.

Somewhere in the forest:

Muni 22.pdf (7.9 MB)

With the attachment in an auto-display format :wink:

Went to the (small) lake :).