Pictures of your latest ride continued

[QUOTE=johnfoss;1695228]
That water picture is beautiful! It could be used in an ad, or for a motivational poster about Zen or something. :slight_smile:

Thanks!:slight_smile:

My latest ride was also my first ride on my new 36er. :smiley:

I was so excited when it arrived, I couldn’t wait to take it for a ride.

The big guy is fun as hell isn’t it? Really swoopy and fast, carvy like a good gs ski. Stable and calm rolling over everything. I didn’t think it would be so much fun but it is!

I like the 2nd one :smiley:

Finally, sunny days in my region after a very long winter.
I like heights.

Yes Jim, I lived just out of Shields (Newton Garth farm) for a time when I was attending the Maritime College. Have very good memories of my time there.
You sure have had some extreme weather late in the year this year.

The 52-miler I did this Sunday - here’s a couple of pics I swiped from Facebook!

Marshall Mesa loop Boulder Colorado

Rode my favorite ride last Sunday. Always a great view along the top ridge of Marshall Mesa. Cheers to some great spring muni riding!

The horizon is a hill

…my camera is level :wink:

City park

I’ve never seen a ridged seat post like that.

Willapa Hills Trail

Willapa Hills Trail, Western Washington State, USA
A few local 36er’s including forum member TMason in the back and myself in the lead.
There is an organized ride on this trail coming up soon - June 23-24 The third annual Ride the Willapa.

Few more pics at: http://www.pbase.com/jimthode/willapa_hills_trail_

Jim

:slight_smile:

As Bantiong49, very inspiring… to use those as seat posts :smiley:

Last Friday I got a new 36" UDC Trainer/Titan and I have been using it to commute to work over the last couple of days (we have had fantastic weather here in Oslo). Yesterday one of my colleagues asked to film me mounting it at the end of the working day. So here is a video of that:

I’m not going to claim it is great mount. I am after all pretty new to 36ers, so I am lucky to even make it on to be honest but it I think it looks pretty cool to me, primarily because he filmed it in slow motion. :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a recent ride across “The Big Four” . A walking/biking bridge in Louisville Ky. You cross over into Jeffersonville Indiana. The “Parlour” was our first Beer stop on the Indiana side. Was a beautiful day. We started early, was a little cool. Warmed right up and had a great ride. It got real busy as the day went along.

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.10.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.26.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.59.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 11.03.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 11.55.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 11.58.54 AM.png

On the way up to Brushy Peak near Livermore, California.

At the top.

On the way down.

It’s been ages since I posted, so today I stopped to take some pix of cows and horses on my country ride. 32 miles of easy bike path with coffee and rest stops. I also tried to make a selfie with the phone, but it came out crappy hahaha. Fun ride!

14.5 miles today. Some really tricky rutted farm tracks, and some sections I had to walk. Beautiful summer meadow shown here.

Today I walked up Ben Narnain, near Arrochar in Scotland. I had my dinner at the top (in a cloud) then rode down as much as I possibly could.

Probably less than 50% was rideable because there were a few bits of scrambling and several rock staircases. Not too many UPDs but plenty of unrideable gaps and drops which I didn’t even try!

I learned a lot about rolling hops to clear obstacles though. I was jumping over stuff like this and maintaining my speed. I used to slow down and ‘gap’ things from a still stand but speed is much more fun! This is the 26er spanning one of the many drainage gullies which cross the path:

There were a few great sections where the flow was really good and I didn’t need to dismount for ages. The best of these coincided with overtaking the last few walkers still on the hill. I nailed it; everyone was happy (especially me)!

At the bottom some walkers I’d seen earlier were trying to hitch a lift. I dropped them to the nearest town with a pub and a train station. A great day!

1 Like

20 km ride at the Gatineau park! lots of hills