Pictures of your latest ride continued

Thanks.
This was about 5.20am on a very warm morning

Not too sure if the brake line is like that on purpose but you could eliminate the big snare by just rotating your seat 360 degrees. (counterclockwise looks like it may be the smoothest option for wrapping the line)

On a more serious note…
Pretty slick that Olive and Lilly have such a nice sunny outdoor couch and dog beds to lounge on.

Good human.

1 Like

Thank you, they do have a great yard, and thanks for the suggestion on the snare!
It’s a lot of fun with these critters, but there is a lot of sweeping dog hair and vacuuming going on as well. Have a good day Sir!

Seeing a young seal on the local beach was an unusual sight this morning. There are a few seal colonies nearby, but it’s not common to see one on Strand beach. The poor thing looked exhausted and a friend who is a marine biologist thought that maybe the seal had been chased by a shark which is why it ended up on the beach looking so tired. Hopefully he’ll make it back out to sea safely.

7 Likes

11 Likes

M’y weekend

Ride was cold and funny.

12 Likes

We have had snow for a few weeks and I haven’t been out more than once as I’m not a fan of unpredictable surfaces. But now it’s back to “normal” which is wet and dark :blush:

It seems I finally found the same comfort as on my everyday commuter bike by using this custom seat and handlebar setup.
More pics in Handle saddle cushion ideas - #44 by Hammer

6 Likes

Another hot day, crowded paths and a nasty sea breeze along the river, but worth it for the sunset.

14 Likes

Loving the top pic

Where is that? Country?

Sydney, Australia

https://goo.gl/maps/vzQeUMVMGVBHWEYk6

And while you’ve been out riding, I’ve been home, in the cooler rooms of the house… with Covid :frowning:

On the plus side, I can’t smell bad stuff anymore?

3 Likes

Finally an outing with the new Hatchet.

15 Likes

A pleasant surprise in the forest yesterday. Some folks have gussied up the stand-alone fireplace on the old homestead. Prescott Rocks!

7 Likes

Made a trip to see the Atlantic Ocean over the holiday break (12/27/22). This was our first time visiting a mountain bike park. The park was The Hulk and A-10 Horry County Bike & Run Park.

Now, we are 100% mountain trail folks BUT this kind of built mountain-emulating track was a ton of (guilty pleasure sorta) fun. Features everywhere you look, and you could ride for miles without much effort because energy flow efficiency is, as you can understand, part of the design. I don’t want to live at parks like this, but I had a rad time. I’d recommend any mountain trail riders to check one out if you can at some point.

Lots of the features were covered in a rugged carpet-like covering that was bolted to the earth. This is a shot at the top of the mountain that was just a series of jumps. The whole thing was right next to the beach so much of the soil substrate was sand.

12 Likes

A few days post-storm in western NY.

13 Likes

Just another ride…

10 Likes

I was out riding since it’s the first sunshiny day in weeks.

I didn’t ride the unicycle- sacrilege, I know!

… but I was also heavily punished for it.

The chain got wedged between the cassette and wheel. No way I could’ve fixed that on the trail.

5 Likes

Different year, same beautiful life

21 Likes

So much rain here that the lake turned brown!

8 Likes