Pictures of your latest ride continued

Hello Brian,
did you actually ride around Ringkøbing Fjord?
BR Sanne

A friend caught sight of me riding this morning…

4 Likes

You are awfully far away to identify. Either your friend has great eyesight, or you are the only one in town who rides a unicycle.

To clarify. No, I wasn’t disputing the video.

Feeling like “hygge” tonight so I bought a pizza. Of course I picked it up on my 29"

4 Likes

I hope it was a Domino’s. Domino’s Carryout Insurance Program covers your pizza if it is damaged on the way home. I bet they never thought to exclude transporting a uni :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve carried pizzas on my unicycle several times, and I tied boxes together with tape when ordering more than one pizza. Which means always because in France, most of pizza chains are “one bought one free” (and of course, a single pizza costs twice a regular price :roll_eyes: ).

And I’m surprised that I never had any remark or joke from someone while carrying my pizzas…

Neither did I. Just a friendly hello

1 Like

Got out on my new 29" with a 3.0" Bontrager tire now for the first real Mini ride of the season. It was riding better than I could have imagined and it was my first time being able to actually complete entire sections of the trail.

I think it s a mix of better fitness and the new wheel but it rides world’s better than my 27.5" by 3.8". I noticed it was easier to roll over things because the wheel is about 300g or so lighter and due to the bigger wheel size. It also had the same confidence inspiring performance you get with a fat Tire when you navigate terrains and absorbed bumps really good.

Honestly couldn’t be happier with how the build turns out and I’m excited that I’m at the point I can do more Muni than hiking than riding with friends in the future.

Also as a bonus it can get back to road “mode” with the 100s and it’s making it easier to take the bus and ride to the trail head.

Can’t wait to see how this thing performs in snow storms in the winter commutes as well!

Here’s to my hot girl summer of Unicycling, muni, and Unipacking!

Also just got a promotion at work and it’s the first summer with my new wife so woot!

9 Likes

I never tried this before because I didn’t think it would work. I was quite surprised that it did and off we went for a 2 mile ride/walk. There were some planned dismounts but only one drag down when Gib decided to cut behind me and check out the running water in the drainage ditch.

Riding uphill was actually easier when was out in front offering a steady firm tug. I could lean back a little and pull on him.

5 Likes

Welcome back @Universe :slight_smile:

Are you riding in sandals? I tried once or twice and I pretty much disliked the feeling!

I’ve also walked my dog some time while unicycling, but the dog was on leash only in town (a small, 400 population village), I let it free as soon as we were outside.
Dogs often stop to smell and do whatever they want to do… But that can be a good way to learn to stand still on the unicycle!

1 Like

Yes, I was wearing closed toe sandals. The ride was completely unplanned. I took the dog out to relieve himself, my Muni was leaning against the deck. Spur of the moment I tried riding with the dog. It worked and we kept going. My son was out riding his BMX bike so he joined us too. It was probably the best time that I’ve had with my grumpy 19 year kid since he’s been a teen.

The sandals actually were ok. ‘Keen’ brand. They stuck to the pedals and gave reasonable support. That said I would never wear sandals on a planned ride.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: (uni)cycling is good for many things

1 Like

This afternoon I’d ridden 18km on one of my local mountainbike trails (which, compared to ELSBET last week was so, so much easier :sweat_smile:).

On the halfway point I passed a group of 6 mountain bikers. One of them with a tire puncture but without any tools to fix it. Several mountain bikers already passed, also without being able to help. Apperantly they already asked some people on the nearby golf course if they could help the guy getting back to the main road. But eventually “the unicyclist”, of all people, riding by was the only one with the tools on hand to fix the bike :joy:.

18 Likes

You are a true Uni rider, well prepared. I have replaced my patch kit several times over and used my pump/tools many times but never on my own uni. We seem to be the ones who prepare for our rides so we are not stranded. My Muni’s/Uni’s are now all tubeless yet I still carry these tools and patches, extra water, and first aid kit. I only hope that one day one of these people I have helped, or seen me helping others will come to my aid if needed. But I still prepare for the best outcome.

2 Likes

We were invited to a wedding somewhere in the very northwestern part of Czech Republic. When I picked up the rental car to get there the first thing I tried was if my muni fits into it. Good news: It fit! That gave me the possibility to use the idle time of that event to go on some unknown terrain there and on the way back which was great.

The hotel was very well prepared for people bringing their uni with them:

17 Likes

Really nice pictures!

1 Like

I shall go ahead and cross-post this here because @UniMyra clearly forgot to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t done much riding lately, partly due to weather (wind) and partly due to not feeling like it. Today was such a nice day that I managed to drag myself out of the door and onto the 36er :slight_smile: .

13 Likes

Just curious, what kind of saddle is under the cover? I have 2 uni’s, one with a club saddle, one with a stadium. The club one especially seems hard, and was wondering about something more comfortable, maybe that cover is worth a try!