Oslo Enhjulssykkelrunde (Unicycle Tour of Oslo) 2022

From an alternative picture we took. Two unicycles or a penny farthing? :thinking:

2 Likes

If you could do the same event just a little before or after unicon, I could be there!

1 Like

:wink: Ha… We will have to keep that in mind. Certainly if you are ever in this part of the world I would love to ride with you. :+1:

2 Likes

I told Mrs Impossible that there was a Uni tour of Oslo coming up, and she said: “When? We should go! Let’s go!”

She was pretty disappointed to hear that it wasn’t necessarily an international destination event. She has a lot of fond memories from the 2 years she lived in Oslo. I visited a few times, we went mountain biking, hiking, XC skiing. No unicycle… yet.

It will be if you’re coming :smiley:

21 riders, age 10-68 participated

7 Likes

There are a bunch more great pictures on Facebook. Even if you do not have a Facebook account (I do not) they can still can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/373280962867581/posts/1854879998040996/

Also, here is an interesting snippet translated from one of Facebook posts discussing the event…

Hrafn Mar Sveinsson: [From] a little show of hands among the 21 attendees: 1/3 cycled without a brake, 1/3 cycled a 36", 1/3 on 29", 2 on 24" and one without helmet.

Jan-Erik Skogmo: One cycled a 36" without a helmet, without a brake, and without any kind of safety equipment. :smile:

Ha… what idiot did that!? … :flushed:

P.S. Yes those, 1/3s do not add up but that is because these were actually were reponses to multiple different questions. :thinking:

2 Likes

On and thanks again @UniMyra for arranging this. I don’t think it could have been a bigger success!

[ … Well maybe I could have done without that little downpour right at the end of the day but I suppose you can’t control the weather. :crazy_face: ]

3 Likes

All of you are very fortunate that you have a nice group of people to ride with. Best wishes to your group and best wishes for many more rides together.

2 Likes

It’s not exactly related to this tour, but I am currently in Sweden (Östhamar) and I am planning a tour to Oslo during my next break (in 2 weeks). It would be a 620 kms ride that I would do on 8 days, sleeping in hamac when no other option is available. And I wanted to know if any locals would have advices, or would like to do a part of the travel with me (or make me discover Oslo on a uni).
I am not sure of doing it, but it might be better to ask early and not doing it in the end than asking too late.

1 Like

I will be the US from late next week myself, otherwise I would have put you up and gladly cycled with you. Perhaps @UniMyra could relay this message to the Norwegian unicyclists group.

1 Like

I also re-posted this for you as a message on the Scandinavian unicycle group on Strava. We only have 23 members there though, while the Facebook group is now 217!

1 Like

Actually if you have a Facebook (most people do but I do not), you might be able to post there yourself @Aurelien

https://www.facebook.com/groups/373280962867581

Or… just wait and I am sure @UniMyra will relay the message (or I have also pinged a few of the others on Strava now as well :wink: )

EDIT: It is now on the Norwegian Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/373280962867581/posts/1856088467920149/

1 Like

After a bit of thinking, I might start from Oslo, this way when I will arrive, I will be at home and I should be able to just think about resting, and if for any reason I end up being late it would be way easier to find a way to get back home.
But I am still not sure that I will do it, because I have to get a medical certificate for unicon, and if I cannot get an apointment at another moment than in the middle of these weeks, I won’t have time.
Except if you or another Oslo’s unicyclist knows or is a doctor and could get me an apointment. But that is definitly not my favourite solution.
But if I go I would left in Oslo around July 1st .
And don’t worry, for long rides I don’t go that fast (up to 18-19 kph mean).

1 Like
3 Likes

Nice, thanks for recording and editing this. Fun to see! :+1:

1 Like

This must have been a really nice tour. Thank you for the video. Nice to see all the places I’ve been to in Oslo crowded with unicyclists.

1 Like

I spoke about it 2 weeks, but now I can confirm the date:
I will be in Oslo on Friday, and I will go to Östhammar (Sweden) from saturday to the next saturday.
And I am looking for people to ride with me on friday (to make a little Oslo tour), or on Saturday morning for the beginning of my trip.

I am planning a mean speed around 18-20 kph for my trip, but of course I can slow down (at least for friday).

For the end of your tour you can ask @Oliver_Kjellen

This Saturday we’re doing the ‘Unicycle Tour of Oslo’ for the second time. It’s an annual event now. The first 2 digit Saturday in June we’ll do it. Next year it will be 15.06.2024.

2 Likes