Pictures of your latest ride continued

:joy::joy: (uni)cycling is good for many things

1 Like

This afternoon I’d ridden 18km on one of my local mountainbike trails (which, compared to ELSBET last week was so, so much easier :sweat_smile:).

On the halfway point I passed a group of 6 mountain bikers. One of them with a tire puncture but without any tools to fix it. Several mountain bikers already passed, also without being able to help. Apperantly they already asked some people on the nearby golf course if they could help the guy getting back to the main road. But eventually “the unicyclist”, of all people, riding by was the only one with the tools on hand to fix the bike :joy:.

18 Likes

You are a true Uni rider, well prepared. I have replaced my patch kit several times over and used my pump/tools many times but never on my own uni. We seem to be the ones who prepare for our rides so we are not stranded. My Muni’s/Uni’s are now all tubeless yet I still carry these tools and patches, extra water, and first aid kit. I only hope that one day one of these people I have helped, or seen me helping others will come to my aid if needed. But I still prepare for the best outcome.

2 Likes

We were invited to a wedding somewhere in the very northwestern part of Czech Republic. When I picked up the rental car to get there the first thing I tried was if my muni fits into it. Good news: It fit! That gave me the possibility to use the idle time of that event to go on some unknown terrain there and on the way back which was great.

The hotel was very well prepared for people bringing their uni with them:

17 Likes

Really nice pictures!

1 Like

I shall go ahead and cross-post this here because @UniMyra clearly forgot to :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t done much riding lately, partly due to weather (wind) and partly due to not feeling like it. Today was such a nice day that I managed to drag myself out of the door and onto the 36er :slight_smile: .

13 Likes

Just curious, what kind of saddle is under the cover? I have 2 uni’s, one with a club saddle, one with a stadium. The club one especially seems hard, and was wondering about something more comfortable, maybe that cover is worth a try!

I have a KH Fusion Zero on this one.

1 Like

I think both your saddles are uncomfortable!

1 Like

Well, I have 2 things going for me:

1. These are the only saddles I have ever experienced, so I don’t know any better yet :slight_smile:
  2. I still can’t ride very far, my legs or lungs give out way before my saddle starts to feel unbearable!

It definitely seems like it would not take long before the club saddle would start to feel like it’s growing teeth though. I was thinking of trying a KH freeride, but maybe the cover (or both!) Is worth trying.

Blue blade I have both the free ride and the air cover. I usually get naysayers calling me out for recommending the air saddle cover but I am a verified user and highly recommend it. While the free ride is comfortable in my opinion on its own the air cover will make all most any saddle more comfortable. I have the air saddle cover on 3 of my unicycles. there are lots of posts on this subject use the search feature and you will find lots of info and opinions, best wishes.

3 Likes

There’s no right or wrong when it comes to saddles. Everybody is shaped differently, and you’ll also likely find that your preference changes over time. You just have to experiment.

1 Like

My latest ride was today. A little bit of Trial. The cranks are 100 mm long,very short for Trial I know that.

3 Likes

This place is within minutes of UDC. I stopped in for a quick ride with the dog today. It was pretty hot out and I didn’t want to push the pup very hard. We went less than three miles on the access trail/beginners loop.

I like the sign.

9 Likes

Young dogs can have some amazing endurance. A sporting or working breed between 1 and 4 years old can just lope along for miles at a time. I took my golden retriever out for a 20 mile ride once when she was about 2 years old and she didn’t show any signs of getting tired until about mile 17. She was used to running 8-10 miles a day with me however and would be bouncing up and down by the door when it was time to go for a ride. She’s pushing 11 now and 3 miles is about her limit.

1 Like

I like that bikes have right of way which makes a change!

Is that legally or do people actually give it?

I’m thinking that sign is displayed to keep mountain bikers from being sued, should a collision happen due to a hiker not yielding the right of way.

Personally, I’d be guessing that it’s a local mountain bike club that does most of the trail maintenance and that they post rules that favor their interests. And I’ve got no problem with that whatsoever. There are so many trails around here that are closed to bikes that I totally understand them wanting to have a bit of dominion over the trails they can ride and likely made and maintain.

1 Like