Pictures of your latest ride continued

12 Likes

I’m no expert but these look like nice lenticular clouds!

1 Like

It took me too much time to see the unicycle… :smile:

Also, you don’t need to use an external image hosting, the forum supports hosting images by itself: click the icon or drag’n drop the image in the message composer (or copy-paste it).

I thought so too, but they never amounted to much which was disappointing because we get some truly spectacular lenticulars out here at this time of year.

My eyes are drawn to the uni, or is it the Jimny? And then back to the other, over and over.

You capture some wonderful photos in the morning! Thank you!

And thank you for the inclusion of your car, the Jimny. In the US, it is not available to us.

Now, back to unicycles! It looks like you have your orange uni right where you want it. No modification(s) needed. Or, is there anything you secretly think about doing to it?

Next, I’ll ask a question that is surely not unique to me. “What time do you start riding in the morning?”

Lastly, as long as I am asking questions, “How is your wrist? All healed at 100%?”

That’s very kind of you. :blush:

That’s a crime, it’s such a great vehicle and a lot of fun!

Other than fit the 110/125 Spirit Cranks I’m very happy with it.
The 26er has become my go to ride.

Now that winter is here I’m not normally riding much before 6.30 cos sunrise isn’t until around 7ish. In summer I like to be riding from 5am, that way I miss most of the runners and dog walkers.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.
Yep, all healed 100%.
I now have my wife’s initial engraved into my wrist/forearm…
:rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Had a chance to ride on the Iron Horse and the Contra Costa Canal Trails on Saturday. Easy flat riding with some interesting bike/pedestrian bridges.

7 Likes

8 Likes

The Jimny used to be sold here as the Samurai, but that was over 30 years ago. We can still import them, but they can only be made street legal if they’re more than 25 years old or if you somehow misrepresent them as such. They were a great vehicle and the old ones are still in demand today.

1 Like

I know we’re getting a little off topic, but they pop up on Bring A Trailer every now & then…

Today was perfect unicycling weather. About 21 degrees, a cool breeze and sunshine. I did a 30km long tour with my Fatty through all the beautiful forests on the ridge of Lake Constance. At the end I crowned my tour with a good meal in a country restaurant. Of course, a dessert with local strawberries could not be missing :slight_smile:
The photo was taken shortly before the finish (see position map)

13 Likes

Missing one unicycle in this photo. We had a total of six riders for a WNC MUni weekend. It will be cinco de Mayo weekend next year for anyone interested

13 Likes

Occasionally I get to ride a bit later in the morning after I’ve dropped my lad at school and this morning that allowed for some lovely views of the local mountains by the sea. The mountain in the backdrop here is quite a well known mountain :wink:

Another selfie

11 Likes

A little ride in a small village where I lived for 4 years about 10 years ago. I like this place.

A nice surprise before the ride. Someone broke my mirror… Again. But I don’t really care as long as it can be fixed with tape. :smile:

The 13th-century church of the village.

The river crossing the village.

A photo from the trail I took.

Donkeys with dreadlocks from my province.

15 Likes

Did a little cycle packing over the weekend in western NC.

15 Likes

Here is a little crossposted image

4 Likes

I went on a medium 40km ride and… well I couldn’t not post this pic.

15 Likes

Ok, I think you are going to talk about this frame because if there was a previous discussion I missed it! :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m with @ruari, I’m intrigued by the frame and missed any previous discussion about it.

1 Like

Add me as a third!

1 Like