Pictures of your latest ride continued

A bit of Googling shows they are available in 34.9 mm too.

a rare view in the dryness of the last weeks

Thanks for that, it looks like a really effective method.

Did a little Downhill at Ski Plattekill this past weekend.

Killer riding. My goal was to get down the easiest trail on the Muni which I managed to accomplish.

IMG_2448.JPG

Hi Eric how is you brake caliber mounted as my qu-ax has a inboard rotor and your is external.

http://unicyclist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1617688&postcount=1252
This post describes the whole build. Long story short: KH Spirit cranks, Nimbus d’Brake, custom adapter for steel frame.

Checking out new trails on my fatty!

Wow – based on your tire track in foreground, you are running a very fat tire!

Hi Guys

I’ve started up website, I want it to have everything from a forum to a shop and be like an all in one website for unicyclists, I would appreciate any support! check it out.

I’ve just done a post on this guy that has just graduated high school and is traveling across America on his unicycle if you want to check that out!

Thanks.:slight_smile:

The image

The image didn’t appear.

Did that work?
If not I’m not sure how to get photo on.

Is it just me or does that photo by just1unicyclist look photo shopped?

Yes, it’s just you. It’s totally legit. He’s just a reeeeeaaalllly tiny unicyclist.

(:

Its all about prospective:) i was far away from the photograph and he was close to all the rocks. I have more photos on my instagram if you want to check them out! https://www.instagram.com/the_unicyclist/

Today we went to the river for a swim and play on the small beach. My wife and daugher went by bike and I decided to ride the KH 26. I had a big backpack and a parasol on my back. My wife was so kind to film me, so I posted that on youtube. Nothing much happening though, just having a relaxed ride :

Just a short youtube clip

Our house was broken into and among other things our computer was stolen while we were on a unicycle adventure.
I finally managed to put together a few video clips and stills from this ride and published a short video…

Bellingham Bay to Artist Point and return June 30, 2017

JM

2 Likes

Terrible that your house was broken into Joe, but that’s an epic ride!

Still in awe at how effortlessly you unclip. Even on my bike I look like I’m trying to shake a fly off the end of my toes every time :smiley:

Do you just carry the two water bottles in your jersey and that’s it?

Unclipping…
Thank you for the compliment. I thought my dismount at the end looked a little clumsy. Now that I’m starting to age past my prime my body usually is complaining a little by the 122nd mile. Riding is not so much the issue. But the sudden change to anything else with little or no transition that gives me troubles.

As a side note, if you were to examine closely, you might be able to notice my shoes, spd pedals, and cleats are usually worth as much or more than the rest of the unicycle (unless I’m riding a Schlumpf). I originally decided when converting to clippless never to trust my wellbeing to inferior or economy grade components.

“Kit”…
Those two water bottles, id, AAA card, and a boat anchor (smart phone with little or no service) got me 52 miles nonstop unassisted. Then my wife, who I had sent back to bed after taking start photos and video, caught up with me and provided any necessary assistance and pampering.

A couple weeks later I made a 43 mile unassisted nonstop with the same “kit” on a Friday afternoon in gridlocked rush hour traffic through Seattle. I’ve also completed a 62 mile unassisted nonstop on a Semcycle 43” with the same “kit”.

Even though I usually carry very little with me, in reality only a few times I’ve needed “rescued”.

I’ve been on the verge of a hypothermia crisis (this has happened more than once and each time I managed to avert disaster). I’m now more careful when the potential exists to have options available.

Also when I destroyed my knee, fractured my tibia, and severely sprained my ankle on the last day of Ride the Lobster I was immediately rescued by a medical aid vehicle and two support vehicles with additional generous offers of assistance. I’m hoping if this type of issue arises again a Good Samaritan will take pity on me and tend to my needs.

In the places I’ve unicycled, usually, almost immediately after I dismount and either start fiddling with anything or start walking my unicycle people stop and check on me and offer assistance.

If I’m anticipating being remotely isolated, I adjust my “kit” accordingly. I’ve also stopped the adventure and put the unicycle in the boot several times when faced with unexpectedly being remotely isolated and in an at risk level exceed my or my wife’s comfort zone. Yes, there have been multiple times finishing a ride, outing, or event and the risk of needing search and rescue to extract me from a bad choice limited our continuing. I like to think I’ve made wise choices and averted a few life altering experiences.

What items do you other distance unicyclist and endurance municyclist find essential that you think I should consider adding to my “kit”?

Is it just me or is the picture upload broken? Both yesterday and today despite my repeated efforts and setting adjustment I keep getting upload failure messages. Maybe it’s my new iOS update and configuration changes.

Regards,
JM

2 Likes

I noticed that too earlier this evening and I haven’t changed any software. Attaching a picture failed every time, even with photos I had successfully uploaded before. I wondered if it was something on my end or maybe a temporary glitch. Guess not.

Your kit just seems more like what you’d see a road cyclist carrying (ie. basically nothing) which is a pretty big departure to what most unicyclists seem to carry (ie. basically everything plus a bit more). Obviously it works for you, my only real worry with kitting up like that would be the bottles flying out when you stop 'n hop, or go over a particularly nasty bump!

When I do long trips (Which is usually a maximum of 65 miles for me) I at least bring a spare inner tube/mini pump, but there have only been one or two times I’ve actually used it on the road. Off the top of my head, my backpack (Which is a weighty piece of kit in itself…) usually holds water (In a camelback, due to the aforementioned fear of bottle rockets), a couple of food items such as banana/jam sandwiches, and emergency repair kit (Mini pump/tube, a multi-tool). Depending on the season I’ll pack another layer (Usually a waterproof). I’m interested in ditching the backpack as I find it uncomfortable and annoying, so it’s good to see minimal kit working :slight_smile:

I reckon all of the situations you have listed there are the sort of thing that “kit” couldn’t really affect. You can’t exactly stuff a full medical kit for dealing with broken bones, hypothermia and being stranded by extreme conditions in your jersey pocket, and at that point your best bet is to probably abort the mission or call in the emergency rescue.

Picture uploads - I just use Imgur and the ‘large thumbnail’ BBcode. Never liked this site’s upload feature.

Crucifix of Cevo

Me at the gigantic Crucifix of Cevo (Brixen) Italy. Yesterday.
Not a great photo, but an incredible big cross