Pictures of your latest ride continued

No, that’s phoenix mountain preserve.

As for the muni weekend, we’re still waiting for a schedule.

1 Like

Me, somewhere in BC, riding my weird combo of mad4one and Kris Holm. The second on, me behaving badly, riding without any protective gear not that long after my last accident where I almost swore off the sport.

11 Likes

Took my usual route along the beach today, was hoping to do 20mi but was cut short after 3mi. Yesterday was very windy and blew large amounts of sand over the path. I UPD’d going through what looked like a small patch but ended up being deeper than I thought. Probably riding too fast and crazy for the conditions.

But good news is the slow down reminded me to finally take a picture to share :call_me_hand:t3:

12 Likes

I have found that the #1 way for my wheel to slip sideways is by riding over dry sand or dirt that was washed over the concrete by rain/water, or blown over the concrete by wind.

I haven’t gone down yet, and I don’t know how far the wheel actually slips to the side, but it normally feels like about 6 inches before it regains traction, or before my brain & body correct.

It’s a sketchy 6 inches.

Yeah usually sand isn’t a big obstacle, it’s more fun to try navigating through if anything. I’m still a bit shocked I went down, bummed more than anything really. Have to take a few days off to fully recover until I can attack the sandy path with my 36er again.

I’m not sure how much it makes me slide usually, around 6in sounds about right though. I’ve seen bicyclists rush through sections that drift their wheel nearly a foot until they whip back into alignment. Seems wild.

From my ride yesterday

9 Likes

And from today, this time with just the crappy camera on my feature phone’s camera (2MP)

12 Likes

After a long Time off non Unicycling, because my shoulder surgery i Ride today the first 10 km in this year. i missed very so go out with the Unicycle.

16 Likes

Recovery ride after recent injury, saw a Trek Madone

10 Likes

24x3" Duro 145mm

14 Likes

That’s forkin’ cool.

Paint the fork and seatpost white for a disappearing act in winter.
The ultimate wheel illusion. (just full of 'em today!)

(edited once for hillbilly spelling)

That’s a nice little uni I love the fat Tire.

Paint everything white for stealth modus :grinning:

PS:
Sorri, @Zivit for editing your picture, but I thought it was worth the joke.

8 Likes

I went out yesterday to the park I rode my first mile without a UPD, then my first 5 miles and so on
there are a total of about 8 miles of single-track MTB trails there as well. I have tried a couple times over the last couple years to ride them but never made it more than 100 yards and had to stop as it was just beyond my skills. So over the winter I have been practicing at work during my lunch hour on lots of balance skills, hopping, idling, riding backwards and such to help me be able to react without thinking. So yesterday I hit the trails. I will admit I had a many UPD and a couple ended with me getting up off the ground, but I managed to put 4 trails together for a total of 3+ miles and I pushed through and refused to give up. I have to say it was the hardest 3 miles I have ever ridden but it was Fantastic
I was riding my Nimbus 24 that I just put a handlebar on yesterday at lunch. that was a new challenge but I really think it helped.

15 Likes

That trail looks super fun.

it is a blast, the biggest thing that kicks my but right now is the roots, those pics don’t even begin to show how bad it is.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like a cool place to ride. Well worth persevering. Congrats on the progress so far. What handle is that? It looks really neat

Thanks. it’s part of an aero bar I picked up from the LBS. I made the mount base from flat plate with pipe welded so I can bolt the handle to it. it was curved upward and I used a press and carefully flattened it out mostly, then flipped it over to get the right angle. I think I’m going to really like it

2 Likes

Nice job!

Alternative unicycle stand

10 Likes