Pictures of your latest ride continued

That’s a nice little uni I love the fat Tire.

Paint everything white for stealth modus :grinning:

PS:
Sorri, @Zivit for editing your picture, but I thought it was worth the joke.

8 Likes

I went out yesterday to the park I rode my first mile without a UPD, then my first 5 miles and so on
there are a total of about 8 miles of single-track MTB trails there as well. I have tried a couple times over the last couple years to ride them but never made it more than 100 yards and had to stop as it was just beyond my skills. So over the winter I have been practicing at work during my lunch hour on lots of balance skills, hopping, idling, riding backwards and such to help me be able to react without thinking. So yesterday I hit the trails. I will admit I had a many UPD and a couple ended with me getting up off the ground, but I managed to put 4 trails together for a total of 3+ miles and I pushed through and refused to give up. I have to say it was the hardest 3 miles I have ever ridden but it was Fantastic
I was riding my Nimbus 24 that I just put a handlebar on yesterday at lunch. that was a new challenge but I really think it helped.

15 Likes

That trail looks super fun.

it is a blast, the biggest thing that kicks my but right now is the roots, those pics don’t even begin to show how bad it is.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like a cool place to ride. Well worth persevering. Congrats on the progress so far. What handle is that? It looks really neat

Thanks. it’s part of an aero bar I picked up from the LBS. I made the mount base from flat plate with pipe welded so I can bolt the handle to it. it was curved upward and I used a press and carefully flattened it out mostly, then flipped it over to get the right angle. I think I’m going to really like it

2 Likes

Nice job!

Alternative unicycle stand

10 Likes

I think your stand is a little overkill!!

Looks like a nice sunny day for a ride :grinning:

2 Likes

My first Muni Ride in this year. I love the Kris Holm Knee pads they don’t slipe down by the Pedaling on your 29"

6 Likes

Looks like it’s time to touch them pads up.
Clean the surface with some rubbing alcohol and cover with some gorilla tape… good as new (and replaceable).

I don’t use my KH pads anymore but I bet they’re more gorilla tape than anything else.

I rode the MTB trails again Friday, here are a couple more pics showing some of the more challenging roots I’m dealing with. I did manage to get through it this time with a few less UPD’s but the biggest thing was not one of them caused me to have to get up off the ground :grinning:

12 Likes

Spring is here!

6 Likes

To follow up on the above, also signs of spring on today’s ride.

No on the path shots, just this after I completed a decent 10 mile stretch after a big gap of riding my G26er.

Good weather helps a ton!

11 Likes

Those yellow pedals are really tasteful on a blue KH!
I wondered if you have compared the moment cranks with the spirit ones, is it easier to shift on the moment cranks?

1 Like

The Kh Dual spirits are not so good for shifing i think, because of the foam of the crank. The Moment cranks are straight and it’s directly to the food oh no fet/toe or hand to shift it. The Dual Spirit is a lottle bit heavier to reach the shift botten with for feet or hand.

Gear Shift Success on the G26
:gear::muscle::grin:
—With a flying tumble around a 100 meters after the first shift up :up: :drop_of_blood:… but undeterred I got back on and shifted up again, and held it for a long stretch until I gracefully dismounted.

“If you’re not falling, you’re probably not trying” ~ Kris Holm’s quote, felt very apt today.

Edit:

And this is how the day started and ended, photo showing post schlumpf, post nursery :heart_eyes_cat:

The answer to WYOW, is attached to my cargo bike!

11 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

My ride from the weekend. Was a good one.

7 Likes