Official SI over a bar, High jump record?

Over a bar in competition?

Nahh not in competion just over bar

I guess there can’t be an “official” record for this, as there has been no official keeping track of it. Based on what’s been posted here it looks like we’re up to 100cm, but nothing’s official-official.

Sorry about the seat belt thing up there, I was just trying to make a point which I hope some of the readers in this thread have picked up on. Like the guy I “picked up” off the bike path on Sunday. Apparently he was trying to do a sideways high jump over a post in the center of the bike path (there to keep cars from entering). In other words, apparently he didn’t see the post. These were new “skinny” posts, replacing the older, fatter ones. They are there wherever roads open to cars cross the bike path. He didn’t know what happened to him, but he had a nasty gash on his cheek (I could see his cheek meat), a big bump growing on his temple, some ugly road rash on his shoulder, lots of smaller abrasisions all around, and a definite concussion if not skull fracture. He didn’t even know who he was at first, and I was just trying to get him to sit down and drink some water. He wasn’t wearing a helmet. Had he been wearing one, the injuries to his face would have been less or possibily none at all. We didn’t see him crash, but rounded the bend within seconds of it happening apparently. Should a ride on the local (paved) bike path be considered dangerous enough for a helmet? Perhaps not most of the time…