New Nimbus 36"

that would make it unbalanced.

he’ll lean back a bit more :stuck_out_tongue:

The handle on the back is fantastic, it makes the unicycle so more practical. I can not see why anyone would want to loose it, that is unless you want to play a lot of unicycle gladiators!

Roger

Well, it might, but it’s not clear from looking at it exactly how it is to be used? My only thought at looking at it is something along the lines of “Doesn’t that thing get in the way when dismounting?”

no. :slight_smile:

fair enough then i guess.

Roger, can you give me a really rough estimate of what it would cost to get this delivered to australia please? (the whole uni)

thanks

Having dismounted backwards lots of times, and (as of last night) done a proper running UPD forwards, I can say that neither the front nor the back handle seem to get in the way most of the time.

The back handle looked odd to me when I first saw it, but I like it now. It actually is helpful for pushing the unicycle, it’s a good place to add lights, and can take a frame bag if you want some small luggage storage space. It doesn’t stick out very far. I’m considering putting a small mudguard onto it to keep my back dry when riding through puddles.

Does the adding the handle raise the minimum seat height? Compared to a seat with a standard seat post.

Hi Ken

> Does the adding the handle raise the minimum seat height?
> Compared to a seat with a standard seat post.

Yes, by an inch or two. I can just fit on my 36er with 150mm cranks if I put the seat all the way down (I also have it as far forward as I can, and tilted up as much as possible). I have yet to decide if that’s as low as I want it - I think it might be alright but it’s a bit close run.

My trouser leg is 30-32 inches.

The sizes are on the site for the unicycle, it gives the sizes with and without the handle.

There are ways to get the unicycle lower and I will report back when I have done an extra low one that has already been ordered.

For people wanting quotes on carriage etc. sorry… we have a back log, will try and get all them out tomorrow.

Roger

‘Extra low’ - gutted.

If the extra low one comes off well I’d be very interested - it’d be good to have more adjustability (including the option to have longer cranks for coker muni). I was thinking I might buy one of these frames anyway - but this might make me buy one sooner!

(Shameless Plug By The Inventor): With a V-frame design (handlebars on front tube, and saddle on the back seattube), you can place a rear rack mount without regard to the saddle position. The handlebar arrangement, however short or extended you wish it to be, is on its own front vertical tube and is independent of the saddle area. Thus the saddle can be any height relative to the tire.

will the complete uni be available in the states anytime soon? or at all?

just build it from parts. its only about $500 without labor costs and shipping. and that includes an airfoil rim.

Just ordered a Nimbus 36 frame from UDC. Hope to use the T7 handle with it and my 29" inseam.

I have some ideas on lowering the seat,

1. Cut frame neck short, to just higher than a low profile post clamp height above the taper on the frame neck.

2. If it’s not short enough with a rail adapter, then I’ll give up the rail adapter, trim the top mounting area of the standard seat post to fit inside the T7 rail adapter area and bolt with the T7 to the seat. May lower the seat another half inch I guess.

3. If 2) wouldn’t work out, then have a seat post welded directly to the T7 and bolt it to the seat. No a rail adapter.

I’ve never seen the rail adapter area of the T7 so I don’t really know if 2) and 3) are easily workable.

I’ve just been looking at the picture of Roger riding this in the race at warwick.

Spot the deliberate mistake.

Plumsie

Nope you’ve got me, no idea.

no capital for Warwick??

i dunno :s

Trust me warwick doesn’t deserve the cpaital.