New Coker Pre-Orders now available.

I was told today that the V2 by its very design and construction of Cromo tubing is probably a smoother ride than the Classic.

Of course I know this is just someone’s speculation based on their own experiences.

I’m putting in an order this week for the Classic Big One.
I want the brake and both crank size options. The seat post option is aluminum and cromo or both for an extra $10. I don’t have any idea which is better.

So, which is better?

Aluminum is lighter cromo is stronger. Do you want lightweight or strong? The coker 36 will never be a very lightweight unicycle whatever the seat post, so I would go for the cromo.

jim

I’d go with aluminum, it’s lighter and your not very likely to break a bost while road riding and some off-roading. I doubt many coker riders warrant a cromo post, but I’ve been wrong before.

I’m sure your brake is better protected inside a V2 frame. But the real purpose of that frame, by my estimation, is good looks! Or unique looks, depending on whether you like the look or not. Certainly it will make those cycles stand out! Also those frames are probably less likely to twist, though they are still only connected to the wheel through the same pair of bearings as the other frame, so that probably doesn’t change much. Actual frame strength is not an issue, far as I’m aware.

As for which is better, I’d look at it like this:

• V2 frame for looks
  • Aluminum frame for performance

Hopefully the aluminum frames won’t have any problems with cracking. The twisting force that gets applied to unicycle frames (from pedaling while holding a seat or handle) can cause this problem over time if it isn’t beefy enough.

Thank you for your responses. I hadn’t thought about the aluminum twisting over time, but I guess that really could be an issue.

I think I am going for both posts. It’s only $10 more anyway.
I have a feeling that I’d probably use the chromo though.

Coker costing

Any Canadian’s order a new coker yet?

I’m curious what final price would be.

Price for uni + customs + shipping + taxes ?

V2

I just got my new v2 it is great