New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

i know i havent but i just dont like the thought. Im sure i will have one some day

Your two bits are the same as my two bits. :slight_smile:

You don’t like the thought of crusing along at a practical speed, passing bikers, and covering distances that seem impossible on one wheel?

You’ll change your mind when you ride one :slight_smile:

You can’t assume equal spoke tension; a 48-spoke wheel can’t take the same amount of tension per spoke as a 36-spoke wheel, the rim will warp. Spoke tension per spoke will be higher in a 36-spoke wheel.

My first impression of the new pic is that the frame looks better than I expected. Now I’m wanting to see what the handle is like.

I can’t decide if I want to buy it. I am still not sure what to make of the barstool/squid look. Coker price will be a huge factor for me since I don’t have that “I will butcher a family to own it” feeling for it like I did for my KH20.

Hmm… I love my coker dearly but sometimes women(or girls in my case) just appeal more…

EDIT: to stay on topic, I like the new design but think the tubing may be a bit big… and I like the idea of 48 spokes but am becoming a weigh weenie and would prefer my current airfoil/36 spoke setup… all in all the new coker looks great and I would love to try it but I don’t want to have to buy it first…

The coker looks pretty sweet. Whether it’s a big hit or not will just depend on the price now.

Also, it should be noted that Terry is a homosexual and women bring him absolutely no pleasure.

Overall I like it. I can’t wait till I have the funds to buy one.

Afterwards? Hmmm…

48 spokes:
If there was ever a wheel that could benefit from more spokes, it’s the big ones. Notice how far apart the spokes are at the rim? In general, as wheels get bigger they get inherently weaker. 48 spokes probably makes more sense on this wheel than on any smaller one.

Wide hub:
We don’t know how wide; hopefully compatible with the existing UDC wide hubs and any others out there if they have frames made to fit them. My 45" wheel was made with a wide hub, which I think is essential as the wheel gets bigger, especially for offroad use. Without it, upping the spokes to 48 would make a lot less sense.

Funky frame:
Weight unknown, but almost guaranteed heavier than the previous frame. Performance unknown, so no point in commenting other than to speculate on the obvious. Looks: unique! There’s no reason it need be any wider than earlier frames, so it may boil down to just being a different look. Some people will like that.

Tire:
Apparently still a mystery. The original tires were good, in that they were a little lighter than the Radial TA. I guess we have to wait and see if this will be a replacement, or a second option for tires.

Seat:
Obviously Terry has never sat on a Viscount seat. If there are better seat options out there, that’s a good thing. They’re probably more expensive. I’m looking to get a KH Freeride seat for my Coker to replace the air seat which can be a problem…

Handle:
Totally unknown at the moment, but a handle can only be an improvement. I shudder at the thought of riding any kind of distance without some kind of handle beyond what’s on the front of the seat.

It must be great to be all-seeing-all-knowing John! :roll_eyes: My first coker came with a viscount seat. My Summit trials had a viscount seat. Plus I’ve ridden several other unis with that saddle. They seem ok for trials or street, but not for long distance riding. Steel base, not much padding. IMO nothing has been more comfortable for MUni and/or long distance than the fusion freeride. But thanks for playing John, your 1 years supply of turtle wax is on the way!:smiley:

Haha you wish. Sorry to disappoint you.

Ok… sorry for my ignorance…

But it looks like the Viscount seat on the new coker is about the same as the seat on a Torker DX… Are they the same or very close?

-Keld

Sorry Terry, I didn’t think anyone could hate a Velo seat (any variation) after having sat on a Viscount. But each of us has different preferences. I haven’t put any time into a Fusion Freeride, but I’ve heard enough good stuff about them to know I want one.

…So I’m going to be waxing my unicycles now. Do I have to wash them first? :stuck_out_tongue:

Keldridge,
Velo looks like Torker (looks like Nimbus, KH, no-name and others). They all probably come from the same factory. Viscount is different; metal base with foam glued on and lightweight plastic bumpers held on by sheet metal screws (until they fall off). It was the replacement for the old Schwinn seats back in 1986, based on some drawings I did for Schwinn in 1984. It was an improvement on the old Schwinn seats, but better ones have surpassed it.

I only read a little here. Seriously weight weenies stuff it. 12 spokes will not affect anything. I realized things go with them(nipples etc…) How about you just make carbon rims and frames like like bikes?

Yeah, like after a 20 mile 36er ride along the beach bike path…just goes in the back of the car 'till the next riding adventure! Oh…and it doesn’t nag, haha!:stuck_out_tongue:

How about you just use 36 spokes, which are plenty enough for a strong 36" wheel? Why add weight, complexity, and incompatibility where it doesn’t need to be?

Ahhh…

So I guess my real question is: Should I expect the seat on this new coker to be like a Torker DX seat or like something better?

• Keld

Same design, but we won’t know what the comfort level is without knowing what kind of foam they use. I think the Torker DX foam is too hard, hopefully the foam in the Coker seat is softer.

So, have you weighed them yourself?