New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Mouse and I weren’t members of the forum when that thread was posted. Bear in mind, my criticism is of that unicycle, not the Coker company. Maybe calm down a bit? Everyone gets to have an opinion…

Please remind me that you are also on the “Beer List”.

Weren’t members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river…

And I’m not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

Weren’t members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river…

And I’m not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

I made not a single hard and fast comment about people’s reactions.

I “suggested”, “feel free”, “please bear in mind”, “is likely to be” and “didn’t quite understand”, my way thru that post.

If that isn’t circumspectly enough for your 19-year old wisdom, may I respectfully request that you fvck right off?

Just thought I’d ask.

I’m OK with extra weight when there’s a real benefit, but there isn’t really one here. Also, extra spokes add extra cost. If you were to buy spokes at retail to build your own wheel, this would be an extra $24.

I’ve never heard of an alloy 36" rim tacoing, especially not with a wide hub.

Are you going to start another “weight weenie” thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. While I’m nitpicking the details of this cycle, overall I like it a bunch. I won’t buy one since I already have a couple custom cycles that are better. Still, provided they’re competitive on price, I’d have no problem recommending the new coker.

Nicely said Gild! I look at the new Coker and positively drool and I have never ridden a 36" I will be first in line for this uni when it comes out. And I’ll bet anyone Terry will buy one!! (Except Terry, he wouldn’t just to win the bet:p )

May I introduce you to Brian McKenzie?

Make a plan.
It is absolutely WOW!

GILD, I’m not sure what in my posts provoked that tantrum you just threw, but trust me, I know all about the history of unicycling, Coker’s role, and using the search button. I guess offering a light-hearted version of my opinion on the new coker was enough to provoke your 5-year-old wisdom. But please GILD, this thread is not for bickering, so if you could get back to talking about the new coker in this thread (if you’re going to post), I can stop defending things that I’ve said that aren’t at all out of line. “K”? On that note, I’m dropping the subject no matter what else happens.

Sorry mate, I meant no harm but can see how you could read a tantrum into my post.

Peace?

And miles and miles of Cokering?

And at least I never told you to ‘CALM DOWN’.

Is this really this place for these kind of posts?

Haha no way! I’d also be in that line with you if I had been afflicted with the “drool syndrome”:stuck_out_tongue: I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: And you don’t have to take it out for dinner, dancing, movie and drinks afterwards! :roll_eyes:

A superwide hub is nice for off-road cokering, but I wonder how wide “superwide” is. Anyone knows? The 3" we saw earlier probably indeed refers to flange diameter as someone surmised. A superwide hub might be on the wide side for touring.

:thinking: That last part made me scratch my head…oh no wait, actually it was just an itch! I would think that the superwide hub (sold as standard equipment on the radial and nimbus deluxe) is certainly meant for road/touring applications first & foremost.

That’s what I have on my radial deluxe and it’s awesome; stable, no wobble, fast and smooth and yes, super strong as well for offroad coker-muni.

Quote from Terry:"I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: "
Wow! Have you ever been dating the wrong women!!

Haha, you forgot the rest of the quote!:stuck_out_tongue: Plus you’ve never even ridden one yet, so you don’t know yet…but you will! :sunglasses:

I think that uni looks great. Unlike most people here (or maybe just the more vocal ones) I LIKE the idea of a 48 spoke 36" wheel. If I could get that rim by itself I would lace it to a UDC 48 spoke hub and have a wheel that has lateral stiffness increased by 6% assuming equal spoke tension and 29mm less Q-factor. The lightness of the rim plus the weight of the spokes pretty much puts it on par with an airfoil setup as I described in this thread

I think I would be very happy with this setup, an even stronger wheel than my current airfoil/super-wide setup with the weight staying virtually the same and a much more natural feeling hub.

My two bits

ERIC

I dont like Cokers really. I think i would rather buy a bicycle

when i ride my KH w/ the fusion street i cant ride for more that 6 or 7 hours at a time but i havent tried the freeride is it good?

the freeride looks really nice…if i had a muni i think i would get one

Have you ever ridden one?