New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Haha no way! I’d also be in that line with you if I had been afflicted with the “drool syndrome”:stuck_out_tongue: I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: And you don’t have to take it out for dinner, dancing, movie and drinks afterwards! :roll_eyes:

A superwide hub is nice for off-road cokering, but I wonder how wide “superwide” is. Anyone knows? The 3" we saw earlier probably indeed refers to flange diameter as someone surmised. A superwide hub might be on the wide side for touring.

:thinking: That last part made me scratch my head…oh no wait, actually it was just an itch! I would think that the superwide hub (sold as standard equipment on the radial and nimbus deluxe) is certainly meant for road/touring applications first & foremost.

That’s what I have on my radial deluxe and it’s awesome; stable, no wobble, fast and smooth and yes, super strong as well for offroad coker-muni.

Quote from Terry:"I’m just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! :wink: "
Wow! Have you ever been dating the wrong women!!

Haha, you forgot the rest of the quote!:stuck_out_tongue: Plus you’ve never even ridden one yet, so you don’t know yet…but you will! :sunglasses:

I think that uni looks great. Unlike most people here (or maybe just the more vocal ones) I LIKE the idea of a 48 spoke 36" wheel. If I could get that rim by itself I would lace it to a UDC 48 spoke hub and have a wheel that has lateral stiffness increased by 6% assuming equal spoke tension and 29mm less Q-factor. The lightness of the rim plus the weight of the spokes pretty much puts it on par with an airfoil setup as I described in this thread

I think I would be very happy with this setup, an even stronger wheel than my current airfoil/super-wide setup with the weight staying virtually the same and a much more natural feeling hub.

My two bits

ERIC

I dont like Cokers really. I think i would rather buy a bicycle

when i ride my KH w/ the fusion street i cant ride for more that 6 or 7 hours at a time but i havent tried the freeride is it good?

the freeride looks really nice…if i had a muni i think i would get one

Have you ever ridden one?

i know i havent but i just dont like the thought. Im sure i will have one some day

Your two bits are the same as my two bits. :slight_smile:

You don’t like the thought of crusing along at a practical speed, passing bikers, and covering distances that seem impossible on one wheel?

You’ll change your mind when you ride one :slight_smile:

You can’t assume equal spoke tension; a 48-spoke wheel can’t take the same amount of tension per spoke as a 36-spoke wheel, the rim will warp. Spoke tension per spoke will be higher in a 36-spoke wheel.

My first impression of the new pic is that the frame looks better than I expected. Now I’m wanting to see what the handle is like.

I can’t decide if I want to buy it. I am still not sure what to make of the barstool/squid look. Coker price will be a huge factor for me since I don’t have that “I will butcher a family to own it” feeling for it like I did for my KH20.

Hmm… I love my coker dearly but sometimes women(or girls in my case) just appeal more…

EDIT: to stay on topic, I like the new design but think the tubing may be a bit big… and I like the idea of 48 spokes but am becoming a weigh weenie and would prefer my current airfoil/36 spoke setup… all in all the new coker looks great and I would love to try it but I don’t want to have to buy it first…

The coker looks pretty sweet. Whether it’s a big hit or not will just depend on the price now.

Also, it should be noted that Terry is a homosexual and women bring him absolutely no pleasure.

Overall I like it. I can’t wait till I have the funds to buy one.

Afterwards? Hmmm…

48 spokes:
If there was ever a wheel that could benefit from more spokes, it’s the big ones. Notice how far apart the spokes are at the rim? In general, as wheels get bigger they get inherently weaker. 48 spokes probably makes more sense on this wheel than on any smaller one.

Wide hub:
We don’t know how wide; hopefully compatible with the existing UDC wide hubs and any others out there if they have frames made to fit them. My 45" wheel was made with a wide hub, which I think is essential as the wheel gets bigger, especially for offroad use. Without it, upping the spokes to 48 would make a lot less sense.

Funky frame:
Weight unknown, but almost guaranteed heavier than the previous frame. Performance unknown, so no point in commenting other than to speculate on the obvious. Looks: unique! There’s no reason it need be any wider than earlier frames, so it may boil down to just being a different look. Some people will like that.

Tire:
Apparently still a mystery. The original tires were good, in that they were a little lighter than the Radial TA. I guess we have to wait and see if this will be a replacement, or a second option for tires.

Seat:
Obviously Terry has never sat on a Viscount seat. If there are better seat options out there, that’s a good thing. They’re probably more expensive. I’m looking to get a KH Freeride seat for my Coker to replace the air seat which can be a problem…

Handle:
Totally unknown at the moment, but a handle can only be an improvement. I shudder at the thought of riding any kind of distance without some kind of handle beyond what’s on the front of the seat.