Moab Excitement!

Am I the only one excited for MOab? There is no talk this year about moab.

My uni just arrived in Moab at the Apache motel…woo hoo! 5 days to go! I cant wait, I havn’t rode anywhere in 5 months! Plus this year there is…what…three new trails. Fins N Things, Barlett slickrock, and…one more I cant think of.

I only have 2.5 days of school before I am gone. I am leaving on Wednesday, and arriving at Moab late on Wednesday. All of thursday will be a mess around day. Ill probably get my packet at the Moab camp, then play some tennis and go for a small trialsish ride or something.

But Im excited, nobody else seems to be.

P.S. is anybody bringing a Muni with a Large Marge rim?

Im excited!

I have registration, transport, and where I am stayiong at all planned out.

We leave this Wednesday to drive about 1000 mils to get there, most likely late Wednesday, or Thursday.

Its gonna be sweet, and I wont bring a muni, cause I dont have one, so im doing it all on my trials.

Go me! lol

I’m excited as well, but really really anxious as my new trials/street machine still isn’t here…

I’m not sure when we’re leaving, either wednesday night or thursday early morning.

Lloyd is bringing a muni with a Large Marge, as well. It’s super beefy.

Im quite nervous because I have 165mms to put on my muni and so I took it apart and used the crank puller but it didnt work. So I either have to get moving or use 150s at Moab. Either way it will be extremely fun but I want my 165s:(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am thee most jelous person alive right now!!!
!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
I WAnted to GO TO MOAB MUNI FEST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD THIS YEAR!!!

MY DAD SAID HE’D THINK ABOUT IT, A FATHER SON THING. SO I WAS LIKE, THTS KOOL, BUT I GUESS MY MOM TALKED TO HIM!!!
APARENTLY IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO GO!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
SHE SAID MABY WHEN IM OLDER. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
SEND ME ALL YOUR VIDEOS WHEN YOU WERE THEIR!!!
I WISH I COULD GO SOOOOOOOO MUCH, PLUS I HAVE SCHOOL:(
:angry: :angry: :angry: YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY, I HATE TALKING ABOUT IT BECAUSE I GET SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELOUS!!!

Well have fun! Send me all your videos, and take a diary, and tell me all the facts, or mail me all your notes, idc, just Give me every little stinking detail, I wanted to go sooooooooooooooooooo bad. :angry:

Hey say hi to Cody Williams for me, when you get there. remember, photos, videos, and everything of it.

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELOUS!!!
No school monday ya! to bad it isnt the 23rd through 25th, next year, i think they should do it on a saturday and sunday.

Yay! Moab!

Haha, is he a celebrity or something? He just told me he might not go…depending on if his knee cap gets better by then. He told me he thinks he broke it.

IM sorry to anybody who cant go.
This is my first time ! and me and my lil bro and my friend are going…we got to leave thursday morning and set up camp then do watever u do in spare time there…
As for wat i ride i got my trials uni…no 24" or 26" for me or any of us…is it really a big feat to do all the trails chosen and stuff like that on a trials?
My dad me we could go the he said he wouldnt take us, but then he said he would. Im sooo happy!! This is my first organized unicycle thingy ever…
Anybody in that area of Utah…if so can u tell us how the weather has been there lately?

I was gonna go. But I would only get there the day before and leave the day after and my dad was gonna take me but he wants to stay there for like a week. But my mom would only let me miss a couple days of school.
But I’m going to WJF now, so it’s alright.

yeah it’s weird how theres no “what will you be wearing to moab?” or a “wow, moab is so cool” thread this year. Anyway, I’m excited, but scared at the same time. It’s been snowing like hell here in colorado springs for a long time, then when it warms up, it’s intensly muddy. So training has been seriously pathetic.

I’ve tried to do this every year, but have always failed: trying to set up some more organized street riding. If anybody is down for some urban trials/street, we should all hook up and do some riding. Anybody? bueller? bueller?

You should talk to muniaddict to see if you can use one of his fleet of KH’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought thats why we go to the skatepark on the friday morning?

I can’t wait for Moab, for some odd reason I got two days off of work and then I work two days then I leave!!! How AWESOME IS THAT!!

O man I’m pumped, I have a new rim on my street/trials uni, I have almost finished building the seat for the muni, I have the new post and rail adapter for the muni, I ordered the rad brake adapters last week, I have longer cranks just incase of suckyness, O man I’m pumped. I also did a bit of riding the other day and found that I have lost probably 40 percent of my skill but whatever I still can’t wait!

Whats with the attendee list though, at the moment its smaller than last year and its been pretty small for a while, are there usualy a crapload of last minute sign ups?

And yeah I totaly started this post with the first quote then edited it a couple times making it bigger every time.

Nah, I am gonna go with the challenging route. =p

I need to fix up my un tonight though, or tomorrow. I did a lot of 8-sets and stuff today and it tweaked my right cranks, so it wobbles about a mm now. Ill get it nice and tight again for Moab, or ill ride with a slightly broken cranks, and try to shear it off at Moab. lol

I need a good excuse to upgrade from the DX wheelset.

I’m excited too. This will be my first trip to moab.
I’m leaving Denmark wednesday morning and arrive in LA 15hr 40mn later.
Then a small road trip just to see some more of the country before comming to moab.
Can’t wait.

I don’t know how I will be able to work for the next three days, I’m so exiting…

thirst time, in the US thirst time in moab. I aslo build a 24" muni with a disk brake, it work, I try it yesterday, but it’s nosy (Like a big parts of my uni).

Thanks for geeta hwo bring me from denver to moab.

We’re leaving wednsday morning, staying in Salt Lake, then we get in Moab thursday with plenty of time for an extra ride!

Tell him to come anyway, even if he doesn’t ride, to meet all his adoring fans. :sarcasticsmilie:

Haha yeah, he said if he can walk then he will come and just not do anything crazy…if you believe that;)
Out of all things he hurt himself on a pogo stick, apparently natural trials on a flybar is a bad idea.

I’m more nervous about being ready than anything. That happens with a lot of the big uni things for me. In this case I have all kinds of weird stuff to do Mon-Wed, and no real time to get prepared. Or train anymore. Maybe this afternoon?

Then I’m going to be helping out with the challenge events, but I’m thinking I’d rather be taking pictures…

Anyway, the excitement kind of takes care of itself. Moab is always an awesome, fun experience!

OOO I want to ride it! I really want to try out a LM rim. Im looking for you!

Were are you going to ride thursday? We’ll be there probablly by 1:00, maybe we can bump into each other on a trail or something, but I can’t promise anything.

Ill be pretty noticable, I think.

Ill be one of the few guys with shoulder-ish length curly hair and a Blue and Black DX.

Well, I’m excited about being there, but it’s not been easy getting ready.

The airline refused to honor an unused ticket I bought last May, so I had to purchase a new ticket.

I fell and would have broken my wrist, if it weren’t for the guard (the same wrist I broke 4 years ago snowboarding). Still, it did sprain and turn a great black and blue, and is still sore.

Saw 3 dentists this week for terrible tooth pain that just came up. Last one finally found the problem and pulled a wisdom tooth this past Thusday.

Realized my muni won’t fit in my suitcase, so I have to box it up and take it as checked luggage. Luckily, it’s less than 62" (l+w+h), so I won’t be charged the $80 EACH WAY fee (hopefully!).

I am looking forward to meeting a lot of folks from this forum, and learning new techniques (like hopping on a 24).

See you there!