How To Get A Free Unicycle

Or send it to me, I’ll give it to one of my friends and teach them how to ride.

What friends? HAH!

So I am confused. How do I do this? Do I just ride up to any van? What if they ask me to get inside? … only if they have candy right?

what was it already in the back of the van by coincedence :thinking: , and he saw you and just gave it to you

Not my Dutch friends, that’s for sure!

thats great on t every day that happens give him a few lessons every extra unicyclist is a bonus never know he might get into it haha

if you realy don’t want it, i’ll be happy to take it off your hands…

:sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d try to persuade him to go for plan B. If he absolutely can’t pick it up (unlikely if he really tries for a couple of weeks w/ a bit of help from you), use it as a loaner or give it to some broke kid and teach him.

Thats almost exactly how I got my giraffe uni except I was on a dark back road in the middle of a blizzard riding with one of my friends.

Wow. You’re really lucky, you should make a cool street or flatland uni out of it.

Well, I’ve decided what I’m going to do with it. Give it away. There’s a bunch of young kids that play hockey in Hackney that could really do with it, so I’m going to devise some kind of non-skill related competition with the uni as the prize.

btw the stickers on it say Mission. But that looks like a Nimbus frame to me, but with el cheapo saddle and seat post clamp. Anyone else heard of Mission unicycles, or is it just a rebranded Nimbus?

STM

Eddbmxdude had a Mission trials unicycle Mission Trials Uni?
I don’t know whether he still has it or has swapped all the parts by now, but for a free unicycle you can’t really complain.

jim

Ah, yes, Mission are a genuine unicycle manufacturer.;
Link
I don’t think that Kris Holm has much to fear from the competition though :smiley:

STM

and this non skill related competition??? :astonished: :thinking: :smiley: :wink:

Well, I wanted a fair way to give the most deserving kids the best chance of winning. I didn’t want a skill test because those most likely to win already have unicycles, which is why they have the skill.

So, between now, and the start of Ride The Lobster, everyone that turns up to play hockey at Hackney gets an entry in to a sweep stake, and can take a guess as to how long my team (The Goonies) take to complete RTL. It’s something that even I don’t know the answer to, so there can’t be any cheating going on, and those that are dedicated and come more regularly get more entries.

Clever eh?

STM

Cool.

Well thought out.

Good luck with RTL by the way.

Innes

hey my first time to this site. I was lead to it while looking up unicycles for info. Myself not a unicycle person but i do have a son who wants one to learn(he is 16) if you have one want to get ride of let me know so i can pass it on to him. or like this ad i see about a free one i would like to pass it on to my son as normally i dont have the income extra to buy one as i see their 100.00 and up.
any advice or leads out there? i am afraid to register on the so called FREE ads as afraid get “burned” by hidden requirements (like the ad i seen for free torker? :thinking:
like i said i know nothing about unicycles just have a son who wants one so im looking to see whats out there. some ads i see on ebay only say size wheels not much on how tall it is. im unsure how to figure right sized for person (leg lengths??) steve
ps please reply by this site ory email address selorence48@gmail.com as im deaf and donuse a phone thanks

Wow Semach, that was great! Your method of getting free unicycles is much better than mine. I’ll explain:

My method:
Own a lot of unicycles already. Be known amongst friends and family as the guy with a garage full of unicycles. People start bringing you unicycles occasionally. Mostly these are found at garage sales or peoples’ basements. Problem is, they’re crap. And I don’t mean not-splined, I mean not bearings! Not screw-in pedals! My unicycle collection includes brands like Iverson, Headstrom, Stelber and FMSA. Cheapies. I did once get a brand new 1st-year Semcycle from Al Hemminger though. That’s the cream of the crop of my totally free ones…

Steve:

Probably the best place to get a cheap unicycle (depending where you live) is craigslist as people tend to buy learner unicycles then sell them cheap after they give up on riding.

I would not suggest the cheaper unicycles you find on e-bay unless you are really desperate for a unicycle now.

When you find a unicycle that looks like a deal don’t be afraid to ask us whether it is a good deal or not. We are usually a pretty helpful lot.

edit: Don’t worry about leg lengths. Height is generally not a problem until you get into wheels over 29" tall. For a learner you will probably want either a 20" or 24" wheel on the unicycle.

I got a unicycle this way… yay for junglebug’s…i guess.
(actually, its fun because seeing a large person on a small cycle is entertaining)

lucky find!