hmmm? this is odd....

Toronto is evil?

HAHA

guess I am sounding a little like Hellen Bucher (mom in “The Waterboy”). Sorry guys, i’m done.

Handbuilt frames will always cost more than the cost of materials look at Wilder or Hunter frames.

That Kangoroo is the same price as the Torker CX without the crank turned round, if you wanted a kangoroo you could buy it and you could turn the crank round later and have a normal unicycle. Also the picture quite clearly shows what they have done, they don’t try and hide the fact that all the kangaroo is a unicycle with the crank turned round. So you could see their picture and modify a uniycle you already own.

Why are you so keen to accuse people/companies of being evil, do you have some personal issues?

jim

This thread is like 3 pages long and no one has asked the obvious question yet. Why would anyone want to pay more for Kris Holm Aluminum ISIS cranks, when Koxx-1 Aluminum ISIS cranks rule the world?!

If they didn’t rule, why is Kris Holm getting into the business?

It’s been discussed in another thread, the koxx-1 ISIS cranks don’t fit on the KH or Qu-Ax ISIS axles, and therefore are slightly different then actual ISIS.

Besides, I’d take KH over Koxx ANY day, I’ve of heard lots of problems with the Koxx cranks.

Kris Holm has been in the business long before Koxx has.

Hello,

I was referred to this thread because of some comments made representing me. For some reason Onetrack has chosen a public forum to post some things that are private issues and for the most part untrue.

Universe 1 was definitly not ripped off. When I ran out of copies of it, I didn’t want to fund having another huge batch made. Unicycle.com offered to do the duplication themselves to make things easier. I approved! This took the financial strain and responsibility out of my hands, which was a big help to me. The end result was a product that was not exact as the original. I was a little upset about this, but it was nothing major.

I have asked UDC to stop producing U1 on VHS because of the outdated format and because of future DVD releases of the video. I assume they have done so and are now just selling their remaining backstock.

“Dan diddn’t want a unicycle.com logo anywhere near “defect”, but he realised that it wouldn’t be fair to the other unicycle.com’s around the globe which he has deep respect for.”

Unicycle.com in the US has more of a family appeal and is more sensitive to content in videos. When I set out to make “Defect” I wanted complete freedom in how I made the video and what content I included. It wasn’t that I didn’t want the logo on the video, I thought that there would be content in the DVD that Unicycle.com would not approve of and thus would not want their logo on the DVD. As the video was being finished, I realized it was better for all audiences not to include some of the more inappropriate footage and the video would be just as good without it.

Without unicycle.com I wouldn’t have 70% of the business that I do and I am grateful for their sponsorship and support. I’ve also known the Drummond’s to
be incredibly nice and honest people.

-Dan Heaton

I was wondering what Dan’s version of that whole video thing would be. Knowing the Drummonds as I do, I know they would not want to sell an inferior copy of a video to anyone. The initial copies of Universe 1 had some “defects” in them, but apparently not enough to make them unworthy to resell. Nobody was crazy about them, but it was minor stuff. Not sure where you got your information about letters & things, so I will assume whatever problems Jeff Groves may have are being similarly exaggerated.

Kind of a loaded question. If someone wants to host a future NAUCC in Toronto, the people who hosted it in 2001 probably couldn’t stop them, so the question is basically invalid. But if you’d like to air some more inaccurate dirty laundry out in this public forum we can’t stop you from doing that either.

John Drummond did suffer a major shoulder injury on the race track, and then had a very difficult time getting his insurance company to pay his (fully valid) claim. They wanted to try to charge the Unicycling Society of America, the college where the track was, and probably the NAUCC organizers as well, but they had no case. Everyone understood this except the penny-pinching insurance company, and I’m not aware of any animosity or misunderstanding between the 2001 NAUCC organizers and the Drummonds.

UDC lowered their prices on the KH hub and cranks. It’s a lot closer to what MDC charges now. link

yay, thanks for posting that.