hmmm? this is odd....

That must be why nobody is buying them. The seller has the option of lowering the price and selling them at a loss, or seeing if there’s any interest from collectors. I imagine they won’t wait forever for those collectors to come along…

Believe it or not, there’s actually a (small) market for those; generally clubs or schools. Apparently very small, as I couldn’t find a kangaroo listed when I looked just now. I always thought it was a silly idea to sell one that way, but certainly not EVIL. Can’t you just turn the crank back around?

Any update on the weight thing?

to see the actual prices for US customers on municycle.com (which excludes 16% VAT) you need to create an account and log in. you can also just take the price shown and divide by 1.16. KH cranks are $63.92, KH hub is $53.09, the new KH saddles are $43.23, KH trials is $432.30, KH muni is $464.80, KH 29" is $486.47.

btw there’s a DM Vortex on ebay…

i have helped my dad in a lawn & garden shop for many years and i think the same thing may apply here. the varied prices depends how much money their retailer whants to make. udc may know that many unicyclist will come to them and not compare prices so they dont have as much compotition. no asault against udc

Hmm, I may buy from Municycle.com instead of UDC if I will save some money.

As you may know,I got the 165’s and LOVE them! I think they are the best all-around size, without giving up that much speed, but I have better control with the 165’s. I was going to also get the 150’s just to have them, but maybe not now.

That’s being sold by UDC

Some things are cheaper at Municycle.com, some things are cheaper at Unicycle.com, all the shops have slightly varying prices on some articles, mostly it’s just because of shipping. From what I’ve heard from Unicycle.com (America) and Municycle.com (Germany) customers people prefer the german store, I always receive my orders in 2 days, if it takes long I receive them in 3 days, same goes for other customers at MDC. UDC however sometimes takes WEEKS, none of this has to do with pricing, but the quality of the shops.

There’s only a minor difference in these prices, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Oh I can believe there is a small market for clubs/schools for “real” kangaroos with eccentric wheels. As far as that torker they tried to sell…

It’s no different than selling a unicycle with a lower tire pressure, and marketing it as a crazy new unicycle.

There are a couple examples of the evil of the US unicycle.com, but i don’t feel the need at this time to put the info up on a public forum.

As for the false weight that unicycle.com put up. There is no way of proving it was intentional, but seeing the way they do buisness, I wouldn’t be suprised at all.

after shipping, I think Bedford ends up being the cheapest. I could be wrong (cheaper than u.s. udc for sure).

Nobody said it does. It’s stupid to buy one of those now, regardless of what it used to be worth.

So you think it’s better to put random unsubstantiated slander up on a public forum, rather than factual information?

So you have moved from an accusation (of EVIL) to an opinion that incorrect weights were posted deliberately, based on a feeling but absolutely no proof. Why would they do that? Wrong weights could be attributed to error, or changes in components. Last year it weighed this much, but the ones they’re shipping now weigh something else.

did you know…

I think UDC charges too much for shipping. They charge me over $11 for tiny things that would fit in an envelope.
It is easier and cheaper for me to get stuff from Bedford.

Hmm, that’s sorta the reason I DON’T buy from Bedford. When I bought a Luna tire from him the shipping was almost as much as the tire!

Of course, I can’t remember the last thing I bought from UDC…

Yeah right! but you cant even get luna tires from UDC. Anyway you should buy the stuff from bedford after you have a few things to order so that the shipping is for the whole order not just one thing.

It might be but keep in mind that the prices of Municylce.com are with 16% tax but then you must add at least $40 to shipping and then 10% for customs to the US.

Really? On average shipping from Darren is usually slightly cheaper for me, I have bought stuff from him and just gone on udc to see how much shipping would have been and Darren usually wins.

dude they dont put tax on it if its going to the US. and i built a completly custom uni from then and it took about 3 weeks to get here. but the shipping wasnt extremely high it was $50 for the whole uni.

maybe that is a bad idea…
Case 1:
Instead of Dan having the videos reproduced then shipping them all the way across the u.s. for unicycle.com to sell, John Drummond asked dan if he could have the master copy, then have copies made locally so he wouldn’t have to pay for shipping from seattle every time he needed stock. John would just pay dan when copies where made. Sounds good, right?

Till Dan finally found out what the “copies” where. The proffesional video sleeve was replaced by a plastic “rental video” case. The cover looks like it was scanned into a computer and printed at home. But that’s just the casing, the actual video must be the same as the original, right? nope. The John Drummond universe1 only plays one audio track so when the music changes or fades in the left (or right, I don’t remember) all audio for the vid goes out, not to mention what that does for the quality of the songs.

People who buy and have bought universe1 will see this shoddy homemade video thinking that this is Dan’s work. Those who own the original u1 know it’s not.

Dan has written John Durmmond several times demanding him to stop reproducing universe1, and return his master copy. these letters have been ignored. the master copy of universe1 still resides in marietta GA. It’s been years, and you can still purchase John Drummond’s universe1.

Over this, and the Drummond’s treatment of Jeff Groves (another case of the evil of the u.s. udc), Dan diddn’t want a unicycle.com logo anywhere near “defect”, but he realised that it wouldn’t be fair to the other unicycle.com’s around the globe which he has deep respect for.

edit:
John F,
you and I obviously take the word evil in different lights. Is unicycle.com murdering babies in their sleep-evil? no.
Are they raping a sport for all the $ they can get-evil? definately.

P.S. Does anyone know why there will never be another naucc held in Toronto?

is that all your shipping costs?

my curent uni is coming from 4 different countries.

the hub and cranks were 50 shipping, the frame and stuff was 50, rim and spokes 42, tyre 12.