Flansberrium unicycles

Got mine put together. Everything fits perfectly. I love it :slight_smile:

Thank you soooo much for that picture! You made my day :smiley:

I’m glad to see that the disk brake fits well also! And dat tire… I love it!

Another batch of frame will be shipped on friday… :wink:

That’s pretty much exactly what mine’s gonna look like (except for color).

Now I’m even more excited! I’m glad to see someone rocking a floater.

such a rad uni!!

Im getting pumped for these frames!!

Can anyone measure the sides of their frame legs? I’m looking to find out how wide they are front to back.

Done ! The pics & details are in the dedicated Monster uni pics thread.

I still have to work on the brake. It rubs a bit. Not related to the frame though.

I don’t know about that tire yet. I am going to have to ride it for a while. I have a Knard too. The Floater is definitely heavier and beefier than the Knard. I haven’t decided if the weight bothers me yet.

Oops! Jacob got back with me on that. Carry on!

Nice frames Jacob, the welds like very clean and regular, I’m quite jealous as welding is one my “to do’s” once I get the house remodel complete. I already have a 220 outlet in the garage just waiting for a TIG :slight_smile:

I’d skip Ti, it’s just to fragile, welding is tricky and the welds tend to crack. Stainless is about the same price for tubing, looks just as nice, and it’s stronger.

Thanks! I’ve been working pretty hard on finding the way to have the most regular welds and the strongest welds. I setted my garage for 240V during the winter, and now my mom is preparing the house for selling :angry: I’ll have to make myself another workshop.

Ti is still working amazing on my 7 years old Triton! I really want to try it as it is reallllllly fun to weld. I dont know if the mittering is gonna be as fun though haha :stuck_out_tongue: I dont know when I’ll get there, but I sure want to make it. Stainless steel is also something I had in mind. It does look nice, but it deforms way easier than Ti.

Here are pictures of the few ones getting shipped this week or the ones going to Unicon :wink:

This is the last batch for a while. Since I am leaving for Unicon next week and doing muni trips after, it might be easily a few weeks before I make any other. Then it also depends on my futur job to decide if production will restart after Unicon.

I want to thank everyone who trusted my welding, drawing and planning skills enough to place an order! I have lots of riders to thank for info and parts that have helped me making these straight and “standard”. Making these has been a dream for a long time, and being able to make these nice enough to sell to riders around the world is just feeling insane. Please, keep me posted with those pictures, every single picture posted just makes me happier :slight_smile:

I hope every one will enjoy their frames as much as I enjoy mines! :smiley:

They look beautiful :slight_smile:

This sounds exactly like the way the old Clark-Kent ti frames broke. It turned out that the tubes weren’t back purged during welding which caused internal oxidation. The welds failed just like you described. Not a problem on my Litespeed.

This is also the reason why I bought a “Y” for my Argon so I can back purge my Ti/Stainless :wink: I also bought a Gas Lens for my torch, helps alot when welding Cr-Mo! I haven’t tried on SS yet.

So, Jakob I guess I’ll have to wait a while for a Reeder. Nice work on the frames. Maybe if you do Ti one day I’ll have to put in an order. I really like my road bike, and Triton seems to be doing fine with uni frames. I’m looking to move my whole cycle fleet over to Ti (except my Big Dummy).

Hey Jakob. Are you a fabricator/welder/engineer by trade? If not, you sure as hell could be with the skill you’re exhibiting!

I guess not… What exactly do you mean? I’m nothing more than a welder for now, I just finished my welding classes in march, I’ve worked for Xprezo for a few weeks and started on my own for the summer.

I actually got 2nd place at a welding competition in May, it was the Quebec Learner’s championships if I can traduce it this way :slight_smile:

I meant do you weld as a profession. In New Zealand we call those people with the level of skills you possess engineers, fabricators etc and good ones are much valued. All the best with your career and the success you talent will bring you.

For how long and with which tempereature did you put the frames into the ofen?

(sorry for my english)

The Flansberrium frames are not Heat-Treated. I use 7005-T6 Aluminum and it only needs to be aged, which can be done articially (in an oven) or naturally in approximatly 3 weeks. I keep all my frames between 2 and 3 weeks before I ship them to make sure they are ready to go.

I didn’t wait fo my prototype frames because I didn’t know at that moment, and they are still going strong. I still wait to make sure they are good to go though! :slight_smile: