Flansberrium unicycles

If someone orders one, yes I can make it, but I’m not planning on making one just for fun unlike fatties. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d be really happy to make one though, it would end up pretty light I think!

might have to take you up on that in the new year when i’ve rebuilt my cash reserve :smiley:

Sooooooo… Have these shipped yet? Anyone got theirs if they have?

I found the holy grail tire for my build and am getting excited! :D:D:D:D:D:D

The first frames should arrive at the end of this week :wink:

Who’s putting together the 26x5? I totally want reviews of which components you use and how it rides. It’s been a dream of mine for some time to build a super fatty. Oh, and for starters are you using a wide hub or standard?

“Siddhartha Valmont” is putting together the 26x5"! He is using a normal 100mm hub. When using a 5" tire thought I would suggest a 125mm hub to make sure you wont hit your knees/legs on the tire when riding!

Those welds… Those frames…

heavy breathing

Very nice welds and cool curved design. Looks really stiff and durable.
Inspired by bri’s proposal i have an idea for a nice logo. Maybe I manage to draw it this weekend.
Keep it up!

I made three little sketches. Wanted to do sth. with the three letters JFU an the maple leaf. Hope you like the idea. Thanks to Bri for the inspiration.

flansberry1.jpg

flansberry2.jpg

flansberry3.jpg

Mail service is a good invention when it is packages ;o)

Look who arrived in the mail ! :wink:

These pics are not doing justice to the beautiful work you did Jacob (but I was missing a garden and a sunny day :D).

It feels really strong and is very competitive weight-wise: only 750g for an insane clearance (140mm side to side).

Next to come: pics with the wheel in !!!

This frame is really fitting the wheel like a glove.

The clearance between the crown and tread is 10mm and the side clearance is 15mm. Very impressive as the frame totally disappear with such a wheel.

Time to schedule a trip to the beach…

We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!! We’re not worthy!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I’m glad you like it! I thought there was more clearance on the top.

Now show us the whole thing! :smiley:

OK, so now I’m seriously thinking about a fat-tire uni. Thanks heaps!
(Seriously, what a great looking frame! Can’t wait to see pics of the finished uni!)

+1

I did a pic session yesterday (as you can guess from my posts) but the global muni pic is too blurry for my taste. I will try to take another one today and post the result in the Monster Uni thread :wink:

As for the clearance, the Lou has the tallest tread of all the Surly fat tires (7 or 8 mm tall if I remember correctly). And my measurement was done between the top of the tread and the bottom of the crown.

Nice

Those welds look pretty close to perfect . . . like a bunch of stacked up dimes. I like the reinforced plate under the disc tab.

Nice work!

Got mine put together. Everything fits perfectly. I love it :slight_smile:

Thank you soooo much for that picture! You made my day :smiley:

I’m glad to see that the disk brake fits well also! And dat tire… I love it!

Another batch of frame will be shipped on friday… :wink:

That’s pretty much exactly what mine’s gonna look like (except for color).

Now I’m even more excited! I’m glad to see someone rocking a floater.

such a rad uni!!

Im getting pumped for these frames!!