During and after Naucc 08 discussion thread

Both the flat and street competitions already happened. The winners are still unnanounced, and in my opinion it is very hard to say who won for both of them.

IMO spencer had the best flatland but you busted out that 720 outspin which was crazy amazing.

Also, Shaun had said something a while back about doing something at the skatepark today, does anyone know if thats still happening?

anything on long jump results?

9ft 4 in was the winner on a 24 in.

Pele ftw!!

Yes, question. Whoever built the high-jump rig used inches instead of centimeters so the increments will be a little annoying to compare to other competitions. Also the jump bar got bent and unbent several times throughout the day, but I never saw anyone measuring the actual height from the ground to the low point of the bar in the center (in fact there was a severe shortage of measuring devices). So assuming Kelly cleared the bar a 39" he’s at least in the ballpark, but if nobody has a photo or video it’s hard to know exactly how high he went unless someone actually measured the bar at that setting.

Awesome jumps in any case! The 9’, 4" was Joseph Campbell, I think. Similar problems, as we didn’t have the “sticks” to use the IUF/USA official Long Jumping method, and landings were eyeballed. However, later on in the competition, they were using some no-longer-sticky tape to mark the landing line. With that it was easy to tell if the rider was clearing the mark or touching the tape, so that would make the results a little more solid.

Yes, awesome photos Brian!

Ramkota pool/slide: Yes, quite awesome. This place is huge! It’s 1/4 mile of hallway from our room (the second-from-last) to the lobby. The big slide is 163’ long, according to a billboard we saw. I’ve never seen more water slides in more hotels as here in Rapid City!

9ft 2, Joe Campbell.

We just finished Fire Hockey a little while ago. I think everyone lost because after awhile there was practically no goals…

When will the street and flat comp be announced?

Who knows. I think its pretty safe to say that Spencer will take first in flat, followed by Jon. Street is very tough to tell.

We had a little bit of fun after flaming puck: http://www.vimeo.com/1320443

I talked to Kelly on Wednesday, he said the official measurement on it was 98.06 cm, which is 38.606 inches

Oh wow, man, I wish I would have stayed for that. I probably would have if I knew Phil was going to try it.

That was cool.

Any new photos?

Sorry Justin, I think I said wrong. It was 39 inches.

KH.

(phil is disguise as jamie)

i decided that i didnt care about the integrity of my uni so i went for it.
also… i think that instead of shaving my legs, from now on I’ll just light my uni on fire for a bit :wink:

The 24 [obviously] has the advantage in the long jump because you can hit the jump at speeds that blow away a 19"; you are covering more ground with each rev. And without speed, you don’t get that kind of long jump distance. But then again, a 19" with really short cranks, like 89mm would probably get you going pretty fast for a long jump, although you would still be pedaling like a madman and doing the same amount of revs.

while this is true, max was second to joe and it was only one inch behind. and he had jumped further on a few attempts so its one of those things that comes down to the skill of the rider as well as the unicycle

hey brian, can you send me that one picture of fire !?!?!

Yup, as soon as I get it uploaded I’ll let you know.

Heres us getting kicked out of Mt. Rushmore for riding and collecting an audience: