During and after Naucc 08 discussion thread

How height did Kelly and Shaun jump exaktly?

Yeah I wanna know the height too.

Kelly got 39 inches. I believe.

Oh ok, nice kelly. Thought the record would have been a lot, lot more though.

I cant say how official it all is. But you gotta remember its up and over a bar, not just up, and in an event such as this.

Yeah of course, up and over. There are a few NZ riders that I’m sure could get over 39 inches with a bit of practice.

The current official worldrecord is 98cm by Ryan Atkins (he did it at last unicon). I dont know if anybody else beat him at some nationals if somebody did would be nice if he let me know. The only record list I know is the one I made together with einradfahren.de you can see all records here: http://www.einradfahren.de/index.php?module=mod_content&action=article&title=Rekorde&menu_id=58

So that means Kelly has the new world record at 39 inches or 99.06cm?! This is more of a question than statement.

Nice pics Brian! You got some great shots!! Any chance you can send me the group trials pic at unicycle6869 at yahoo dot com?

plus his tire is pretty bald. it must of been harder going up the 45 degree wall.

I’m happy I tied with jon for 5th in the trials comp too.

Looks like local Rapid City guy Zack, I think.

We had a bunch of pictures but they got deleted off our camera, so I’m not exactly sure what we still have saved on a computer somewhere… We’ll see.

Wow I’m so sore. Ugh, it hurts to move. I was planning on doing some more track events today but now I’m not so sure.

My metal pedals have way less grip than my brand-new odyssey twisted pcs.

Yes, I need new pins.

Badly.

Would set screws work? If so…please give specifics.

Whats going on at naucc at the moment? someone get a wireless laptop and update! or use your phone :stuck_out_tongue:

not much. track and stuff untill now and theres open gym tonight.

He has his pedal hooked mate

soooooo flatland ahoy?

39 over a bar for the national level is kind of week. I guess all the mad hoppers are in europe.

Edit: sorry, that sounded bad. I too thought that the record was much higher. Good job Kelly! Especially for a street rider, wow.

Dude I know. I had no idea Kelly was a sidehoper.

I don’t know many street riders that prefer to sidehop over rolling hop.

I don’t think Kelly has ever done much side hopping. I think he kind of picked up the technique as he went.

yea, open gym was amazing, all freestyle, flat, and street practice. Kelly did a 360 unicycle transfer. He also did a unicycle transfer jumping over Spencer.

Have you notices at all how few good trials riders are in the US? I’m actually not that suprised that a street rider won the high jump. I’m just suprised that he did a sidehop instead of a rolling hop.