BUC Registration OPEN!

Anna,

I sent you a private message and an email about caravan accomodation, but you haven’t got back to me.

If you could get in touch ASAP, that would be great.

Jason

Connie will be judging, hopefully Paul can help out too (sorry for not having asked properly yet). I personally don’t know the usual length of routines, so hopefully someone can chip in with something, and I think we will do both solo and pairs, separately.

It will be made up primarily of league teams, and the remainder filled with scratch, there will be a chance for everyone who wants to play to be able to, we will also have non-league fun games on site.

:o Sorry Jason… will email you back right away!

Do we really have to wear gloves while on the trials course? I don’t own a pair of gloves and am not going to purchase a pair just to be able to ride the trials course at BUC. Plus, I doubt I would be able to ride properly in gloves anyway!

The BUC Hockey Tournament is not part of the UK League, it’s a completely independent competition with its own trophy. It’s all finished on the day.

Paul

Paul, that would be great! But due to my lack of geographical knowledge, I’m not sure if I would be able to get from where you drop me to where I need to be. I’m meeting a friend at Paddington Station, any idea how easy it is to get there from where you’re heading?

If it’s easy, I would be more than happy to accept your offer.

Thanks!

Jason

Sarah asked:

Anna asked me to help run it – I said yes as long as it was done jointly with Paul! So I’m hoping he is available.

Routines should be maximum 3 minutes for all ages, abilities. We really haven’t discussed if there will be beginner or advanced or if it will be separated individuals and pairs. If only a few competitors, I think it would be best to combine as usual.
Who has prepared a freestyle routine?

Special note regarding Unicycle.com – we will NOT be trading with all of our usual stock at BUC, but we will bring down pre-orders and will have a limited supply of smaller items. Orders for delivery at BUC must be placed before Thursday morning.

Connie

Depending on which way I drive into London it’ll either be really easy or not quite so easy. I’ll drop you near a tube station, just not sure which one possibly Hammersmith in which case it’s on the same line as Paddington.

Paul

A plea for help with the trials/street course.

Has anyone got a portable stereo they can bring down to play music for the street competition, ideally battery powered as it looks like getting power to the trials course is going to be tricky. The organisers will pay for batteries.

Thanks,

Paul

Also, would anyone be interested in visiting Durdle Door? It looks lovely, and since I’m so close (its about 13miles away) it would be a shame not to go for a look. If there are a few people interested, we could drive there, and go for a little ride (and take some lovely photos!). I’m thinking early eveningish. If not, I will go myself :slight_smile:

Joe,

Are you serious? Tell them no. What can be more important? You have to come. :frowning:

Ah, you will be missed, Amanda!

Joe,

looking wet http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1191

It wouldn’t be BUC without rain!
:frowning:

'Fraid I’m not going to be in attendance this year.

Not got the pennies to make it and have been booked for a unicycling gig in London over the weekend.

Have many fun!

Is there a schedule posted anywhere?

It does exist (maybe not in final form yet) and Anna should be sending it either later today or tomorrow

It looks like I can make it on the train to Holton Heath - I should be getting there 1523 on Friday. Can I beg a lift from anyone please?

The way back looks more interesting. Do trains not stop at Holton Heath on Sundays? It looks like that from National Rail - in which case it’ll have to be Wareham which does seem to have Sunday trains.

Woo, BUC tomorrow!

Sam

That’s correct, no trains stop at Holton Heath on a Sunday

But we told the monkeys you were coming!

Think of the tears falling down their little monkey faces when they discover you won’t be there.

monkey.jpg

I can’t guarantee what time I’ll be getting there, but my aim is to arrive mid-aftenoon-ish. If you don’t get any better offers, I’m more than happy to pick you up. If you want to PM me your mobile number, I can give you a call when I’m en route with a more accurate eta.

By the way, does anyone know if there are electrical hook-ups available for the campers? I expect it’ll be an extra charge, but I’d rather pay that than have the same thing that happened at Joes muni weekend.

STM - getting excited