Blue is the new Black (KH Blue is back)

Well I’m so glad to be back riding and to have been able to purchase first my new Black KH19” from OZ.
I was planning to wait until Mid Summer before ordering a new Muni 24”, but because of this post and the return of Blue KH uni’s I have now also ordered and waiting on a new Black KH24” also from Peter in OZ.
This is because I do not like and have never liked the blue shade of KH.
Plus my first KH was when all KH’s were beautiful in black (with the most disgusting crank design I’ve ever seen) so it’s retro to myself.
I understand that you all like the blue colour way, but for myself it clashes with any dressing up colour that I’ll be adding in the future.

@PeterG ,

I am very happy you are back riding again and that you are sharing your experiences here. I’m also very happy that you have found unicycles that you love, and that you don’t feel like you are settling for something you don’t like as well.

2 Likes

The german Qu-ax website is promoting a blue 36 inch KH unicycle with Q-axle and inboard disc right now. But it is labelled as “not available” :smiley:
I haven’t found this one on any other site.
Does anyone has further information about this model?

5 Likes

I’m not too excited about the unicycle, but I am excited about the Spirit Q-Axle. I’ll take some of those for my RGB.

3 Likes

Apparently the page was taken off (in 2 hours!), did they just accidentally leaked something big?

3 Likes

The leak would not be so big. It has been known for at least 9 months that KH was looking for making Qaxle hubs and cranks:

3 Likes

I got the photo, I can share if here

5 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks. Interesting. Since it has a form of Spirit cranks I did wonder if it might somehow have remained disc on crank but no it is inboard which makes sense. I presume still a narrow hub width though.

1 Like

Any idea what kind of rim that is?

It’s QU-AX’s rim.

1 Like

How much,?

MAXENCE: The leak would not be so big. It has been known for at least 9 months that KH was looking for making Qaxle hubs and cranks:

You’re the only one who’s been saying it though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The only here, on this forum :innocent:
But yes, this rumor may not have spread across the whole community :grin:

Since the QX-KH doesn’t seem to have any UDC components any more, and most KH models have been out of stock in UDC for quite a while, can we assume UDC is not carrying KH products any more?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say so, but @rogeratunicycledotcom may have some insights to share :eyes:

2 Likes

Good question, especially since qu ax products are not easy to come by in the US.

Hey Everyone,

Trust the forum to find a leaked photo of a project a few years in the making with Covid-related delays. Details will be forthcoming. In brief - you are seeing a redesigned KH crank, which will be called the KH Boundary crank. [Boundary is one of my long-time favorite trails on the Vancouver North Shore]. The Boundary cranks fit the Q-Axle spline and have a lower Q-factor than Spirit Cranks (8 mm instead of 12 mm). Weight is within 10 g of Spirit cranks. I love these cranks - they have tested really well. Beyond a color change to black, the hub spec is similar to Qu-Ax - it tests so well, and it did not make sense to make a competing hub.

The KH unis are distributed across both Qu-Ax and UDC. COVID-related disruptions have been very tough to navigate for the past three years, but are getting better. The Qu-Ax distributed version of the KH36 uses their 36" rim and tire, and the UDC-distributed version uses the Nimbus spec. The other unis have similar spec across both Qu-Ax and UDC (caveat - brake spec may differ). More to come =).

18 Likes

I’m really looking forward to getting a pair of these to put on my Pipifax hub – the Qu-Ax cranks I have are fine, but I think I will need a set of these ;). (plus it seems like a much better interface than ISIS)

1 Like

Got back in to riding uni early this year and started muni riding. Only knew about cotterless square taper and ISIS interfaces until recently when I read about Qu-Ax. Looking to get me an actual municycle and this really piqued my interest. Any release date for these?

1 Like