Back it up Game

Yeah, well before when I did 360 unispins and attempted treflips I had both hands on the same side of the seat and when I spun it I completely let go of the uni then caught it again sif.

Now I still have both hands on the same side of the seat but I don’t let go with the one in front. I keep that hand on and then towards the end of the spin I pull it back towards my body and then grab on to it with the other hand too.
That way I never lose contact with the seat and it goes to seat in every time. Also when I do it that way I can lift the uni up more easily.

When I used to try them to sif the hardest part was catching it at the end and being in control. This way the only hard part is getting the flip timing right and remembering to not let go of the seat. I dont have to worry about catching it at the end anymore, it just kind of happens.

Pro Game

Here is Spencer’s treflip and the new trick is a switch flip (a crankflip with your other foot forward). I originally wanted to do something else, but I couldnt get it so I just did the switch flip.

Video Link

Why has the pro game gone to expert level tricks?

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. Nicely done man, but these tricks are suppose to be on flat, like it were a game of UNI.

You said the pro level was all tricks. So to me that means anything.
If you go by difficulty, for me a tre(y)flip is harder than a 180 double.

But your 180double wasn’t full. Making that trick come all the way around is what makes it difficult. If you can kick double, it should only take about 10 minutes to learn to 90 with the double. But to swing it all the way around will take some time…

The tricks should go.

PRO LEVEL: Doubleflip variations (not the doubleflip), Late Variations (not lateflip), Switch Variations (not switchflip), and some of the most difficult singleflip tricks (varialbackflip, fullvarialflip, 360 varialflip, full 360flip, etc.) Anything lower than those go in the Expert level.

NOVICE LEVEL: Flip, Backflip, 180flip, hickflip, unispins, twists, fakieflip, etc, first 8-10 so flip tricks one will learn.

EXPERT LEVEL: Everything else.

-Shaun Johanneson

P.S. The Pro Level is so people push themselves to learn the best tricks out there, too many people know treyflip, not enough know switchflip, lol, but it’s not that hard, I knew about 1.5 years ago. Too old of trick. It should have just the hardest flip tricks out there right now, that most people just can’t go out there and bust out with it being legitiment. The expert level should be the most active. The only person i’ve seen do a complete 180 doubleflip (full flips, full enough 180) is Kelly Hickman.

Ok well you pivoted into and out of yours…

Not trying to start anything, but the first of your 180 flips definatly wasn’t full and the second is a wee bit sloppy. I’m sure if you went out and filmed some more you could get a good one.

Shauns looked good.

Mike

Maybe there should only be two levels. Novice and Pro (or whatever you want to call them). Its hard to place certain tricks only in certain categories because its all relative to the rider.

For example, hick backflips, treflips, and switch flips are easy for me while double flips and outflips are pretty hard. But on the other hand, outflips and doubles are really easy for Spencer, while treflips, variel flips, and hick fakieflips are much harder. Different tricks come easier/harder to different people.

Spencers first 180 double, definitly was not a 180 double, but I thought the 2nd one was fine (a little sloppy but still Id count it). Im starting to see the same thing happen now that happened with my sex change…

Haha! That gave me a good laugh.:smiley:

Yeah I know my first one was bad, thats why I filmed the second one. I guess I shouldn’t have put it in but I didn’t think it would hurt anything.
I know the second one wasn’t perfect either…Shaun’s was better than mine but if you want to be really picky about it its not a full 180 either.

Well, it’s up to Shaun, the person to land the trick calls it like he see’s it.

Thats what has happenend in the past, thats what should happen now.

Try to film a better one if you can, but it’s up to you.

Mike

I don’t mind if he doesn’t count it. If someone wants to do it better then thats fine with me.

Novice Game

Ok here is my vid for the Novice game.

Gallery

Youtube will be up soon.

It’s golden, play on. I just didn’t want to see the pro be the most active.

A side note, a perfect 180 is basically impossible for flow. You give your self 10 or so degrees at the end to allow your spin to stop while riding out backwards nicely (My 180 d flip there was soo sketch, but I hit a much better one for the vid i’m making in a run just about an hour before, also my girlfriend was really cold too, and we had other plans to get to). You also have to turn in a bit to get the spin started, alittle give and take is fine, it all matters how you ride out of it. If it’s a smooth ride out, you turned enough, if you have to tweak yourself fomr the 90 d flip, it’s bad, or if you have to hop after it to finish the turn. Hoping is fine (only one, and it better be the only one in the run lol) if you had the complete turn.

Spencer you are an amazing rider, also with the BC I don’t know how you manage both, it’s redic, i’ll stick to just the uni, plus i’m forever grateful you helped me out for Ill. I just want to push you more, since one has to criticize the best riders, and support the upcoming ones. That way, everyone tries harder.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. I don’t get a lot of praise, I don’t know if anyone thinks so, lol, I think all of the lack of praise as a way to never be good enough.

p.s.s. I just watched the novice game, nicely done man. Way to keep it short and sweet. Loved it. Play on.

Novice:Outflip
Expert: Varialflip (someone get on this please ;))
Pro: Switchflip (good luck, this thing is awquard)

Yo dudes!
I just made a vid for the game (Pro) but the trick i did is an out fakieflip, i dont know if it is a pro or novice or expert trick. Well i did it for pro cause i haven’t realy seen it from others.
Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkcH0pzq5kg

p.s.: sorry about the bad visibility… it’s a bit dark if u guys want i will make a new one

That Realy did me…confused :thinking:

Nicely done man. Yeah just keep with the pro game for now. I’ll play and put a really difficult trick in there to get the pro game back on track.

-Shaun Johanneson

Darnit all. I filmed a varialflip, followed by my trick. But it looks like my trick is a lot more suitable for the ‘Pro’ game.

I doubt anyone would allow it in the ‘Expert’. I spent so long on it too haha.

Damnit. It’s on youtube and everything. Ugh.

Mike

Ha that is the opposite of the issue I was having. I was kind of close to switch flips but I decided it would be pointless to try to film one because I didnt have another trick that would be good enough for the pro category.

Mike that trick you told me about on Msn is a pro trick. I would consider that pro but the seat out to in with it would be an expert. Interesting though, cool trick. Nicely done on it.

-Shaun Johanneson