Your three favourite riders.

I never liked Loic’s style, i don’t know,
he has veeeerryy amazing and hard tricks, thats true, but i don’t like it,

Shaun Johanesson, Luke Collato and Chris Huriwai. Even though we haven’t seen much of Luke or Shaun lately they really pushed street a couple of years ago and they have more style than any of today’s best riders. Probably the best all round street riders too. And Chris is by far NZ’s best street rider and he’s awesome at big and tech street and really smooth. :sunglasses:

Tied for first: Max Schulze and Spencer Hochberg (They’re skills and videos are simply the best)

Then it’s tied between Christian Huriwai and Krisz Kovacs. I honestly don’t know who I like better :roll_eyes:

I completely agree with unicycledood about Adrien Delecroix.

I know unicycledood is Christian Huriwai but I don’t feel we’re on a first name basis.

john_childs: fun to ride with regardless of the discipline…distance, trials, muni, freestyle. Deepest fountain of knowledge on unicycle mechanics, and very willing to share it. Always up for an espresso.

Unirene: can stomp you at will with her Level 10 greatness, but doesn’t. Fun to ride and hang with for an hour, or a 3 week tour. Always up for a gelato.

Miles_Blackwood: my son and main riding buddy for the past 7 years. Still willing to humor me even though he doesn’t like distance riding. Always up for a rest stop and snack.

Harper: Worked hardest to make sure I felt welcome in the Seattle riding group. Always rides sweep to ensure the slow guys have company. Packs heat in case the ride comes under threat. Always up…period.

1 Like
  1. My son Austin Slydel
  2. Gracie Sorbello
  3. Kevin McMullin
  4. Me

Aaaaaahahaha :stuck_out_tongue: Id prefer if people called me Chris. But whatever.

Yeah loics tricks are amazing I guess. But I dunno… He hasn’t landed the “conventional” big tricks (7flip, fifthdouble, fullvarialdouble, outfifthsides(outfifth for that matter) etc) Thats why hes cool :wink: He does BIG unconventional tricks :slight_smile: 270 monkey is easy, quads… havnt landed one but I don’t think its a big deal, if you can one handed triple on flat you can quad. And I’m sure if you’ve seen Krisz vids, you’d agree some of loics tricks arn’t that unique. But his style is so much better. (180quad, hickquad, treydoubleback(on flat))

Its cool seeing people like my style :stuck_out_tongue: I’m honestly not that great though. Hopefully I can put out a vid sometime I’ll actually be proud of.

Yeah, if would make my list longer, shuan, spencer, loic and chris h probably wuld be in it, and i agree that kovacs style is veryvery uggly, and adrien i awesome. But niether him has a remarkable style.
An chris, i´ve seen the tribute a hundred times, it´s a really great vid!

1. einradfreak david weichenberger he´s the best in muni and trial
  2. sam wakeling for his unfathomable 24h rekord and mark fabian for trial
  3. turtle and dressing dresi for their excellent muni and trial and unisan sandy for his charissma and excellent muni.
  1. Kevin McMullen
  2. Xavier Collos
  3. Max Schulze

I tried to spell the names right, but I doubt that I was successful.

1.Loic - he has an awesome style and does so many cool and not that ordinary tricks.
2.Elliot - hes combos are always so cool and creative.
3.Eli - He has a really cool style and learns really fast.

That was my opinion

1. Chris Huriwai (He’s a NZ’er, ofc) and the way he does flat is slow and controlled-er looking than most people
  2. The Pöham Crew (about my age, and pretty good :P)
  3. And a mix of Adrien/Eliot H and other good riders lols.

Yep.

Of all time ? I’d add some freestyler in there :

1. Julien Monney: sweet swiss guy, with amazing freestyle tricks, the only person who went close to ride standing on the seat…
  2. Kris Holm: as an ambassador of the sport, plus for his Muni/ trials skills.
  3. I am not sure about the third, probably one guy who mixes a few disciplines, like Spencer Hochberg or in a different style, David Weichenberger.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@jogi: hey thanks, never been on a “best whatever list” :slight_smile:

for me, is kris holm way before number 1, just because he (at least his uni’s and videos) inspired me for that kind of riding and all the stuff he does for our sport

1. david weichenberger (he can everything…muni, trials, freestyle…)
  2. iten (oldschool muni and trial)
  3. everyone who survided a 24h race on a uni!! :smiley:
  1. Shaun J. (Even though he doesn’t ride anymore when I first started I would always watch his vids to get better.)
    2.Krisz Kovacs (Soooooooo crazy and I love his style)
    3.Spencer H. (So crazy flatland thats so fun to watch!)

Hard to pic favorites, but…

2 riders who have probably affected me the most:
-Frank Brown (team venture at RTL) - helped me set up my 29er and got me interested in long distance.
-Ken Looi - South Island New Zealand unitour = best trip ever and gave me inspiration to train and ride further.

Riders who inspire me the most:
-Gracie Sorbello
-Ken Looi
-Sam Wakeling
-Chuck Edwall

Riders who post the best pictures:
-Turtle
-Aspen Mike

Riders who have affected me the most indirectly
-Florian Schlumpf
-Kris Holm
-Gilby
-everyone at UDC US/UK/etc

1. Elliot and loic (because both have such a cool flatstyle and are able to do awesome tricks)
  2. david b (because his cool style with tire tricks)
  3. krisz , bence , bobousse and ludwig f
    it´s nearly impossible to write just 3 rider :smiley:
  • Zack Baldwin, because of his awesome smooth trials. I dunno why I like him better than Ryan Atkins, but I do.
  • Kevin Mcmullin, because he grind big handrails blind :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Dan Heaton, because of his awesome style.

I would have to say.

1. Spencer- Just awesome style with flatland. He is good at looking like one of the smoothest riders out there.
  2. Adrien- Damn! Some of those big tricks are just amazing, and he can be really clean in his transitions from trick to trick.
  3. Loic- Also has some sweet big tricks, original things like the 180 underflip… Just sick.

If I could make my list longer it would have, Kevin Kartchner, Forrest Rackard, Loic Baud, Elliot Hofman, Will Riley (lol:p), Isaac Steiner, Pohams, and Anthony Hibbing.

:slight_smile:

edit: some of those weren’t based on riding ability