You know you're a unicyclist when...

another of my favourites:

-The first thought that comes across your mind when you regain consciousness is: “is my unicycle ok?”

You know you are a unicyclist when…

You run around town with a 6 foot level and a yard stick measuring the percent grade of all the hills to decide which ones you can ride with your 36er.

you know youre a unicyclist when…

you’re sitting at a stoplight and someone honks at you from behind because you didnt notice the green light due to the fact you’re staring at that awesome trials line next to you…

Isn’t the schlumpf a fixed 2 speed? Fixed merely means it’s not a free wheel in any direction doesn’t it?

You no you are a unicyclist when…

You wear a tshirt that reads I CANT MULTITASK…or no Ive not lost a wheel Ive gained one

• when you keep mumbling in church (or mosque) :" there is no other wheel than the ONE" … (though you are a dyed-in-the-wool atheist).
  • when you just can’t go into the wild without wondering “how could I Muni that path?” (happens to me all the time :D)
  • when your dreams are full of unicycling tricks you are unable to perform in real life (also happens to me all the time :o)
  • when you just weight precisely every garment you put into your trunk because of weight retrictions for planes (knowing how much weight the unis you take with you).
  • when you come back to work after some vacations and everyone is surprised you don’t have some body part cast in plaster (happens to me all the time :roll_eyes: )
  • when every MD that measures your heart rate says "what the heck is the sport you are practising? " :sunglasses:

-when you tell your grand-children that the most famous inhabitant of Baker street is one “Kris” Holmes (ooops!)

1 Like

When you look at moving house and your first concern is being near enough to the edge of town to get onto the open road with minimum traffic lights and junctions in the way of the perfect 36" ride.

Sam

Absolutely

Or if you are really happy to have good 36" trail close to your house, with no traffic lights :slight_smile:

I like that one most - I can’t ride my bike with no hands anymore since I’m unicycling

I can still do it - but it doesn’t half feel weird!

I can’t do it anymore either, and I had been doing it since I learned how to ride a bike. I get all wobbly and fall on my face, very embarrassing.

Well I try to do it too slowly all the time and then risk falling off - I have to remember that on a bike, no handed is limited to about 9mph or greater ;D

Well it’s either mountains in Wales or gridlock in London :roll_eyes: Yer makes yer choice and good luck :slight_smile: PS was in Aberystwyth last weekend and people were asking me if I was the guy who rides up and down Penglais Hill. Of course I said yes :wink:

Yeah I used to just pop into a really high gear and ride no handed like it was nothing, now I take my hands off and my feet treat the pedals like a unicycle.

you know your a unicyclist when you have forgotten how to ride a skateboard or bike

when banjo.com is a popular slogan on your belongings

hah! This one is great. I’ve got 2 of those stickers somewhere.

You know you’re a unicyclist when:

people on your college campus are desensitized when you blast past them on a 36er in the snow

you are recognized without your unicycle

you can unicycle while intoxicated!

ooh i got another one!

you know your a unicyclist when you can eat double-double meal at in n out or the yoshinoya combo bowl (with a shake) on the go

when your told by bystanders to not txt and ride