WTB USED KH CF seatbase(seat?)

I recently broke a KH style seatbase (actually broke the stiffening plate the bolts go onto) doing almost entirely flatland and crankflips on flat ground.

Landing hard on the crankflips is what broke it.

Yeah, duh. That’s what I already said, but landing smooth, with minimal weight on the seat will keep your base going longer, even if you are pushing yourself.

They weren’t that harsh, but very contradicting to the facts I was pointing out. There’s no denying that if you land right, the chance of breaking something is going down, thats all I put. Then I mentioned my own experience with my riding and you guys come to shoot me down. Ill say it again, just like in my last posts, CF is great/ok, whatever you want to say to describe it, but plastics can go a long time too.

Nah, nothing up there was me being full of myself. Money is only an issue for me right now because I just bought a new guitar amp, a new truck, and a new computer, so within a week I have spent over $4,000, I am also saving up for college, so a lot of money goes to that. I get paid today too, so I could order a CF in the next few hours if I really wanted to. lol

I was saying that because of an earlier post, I dont remember what user it was but when I mentioned how I fix my form when I notice it is off, they just laughed and kinda gave the impression that creating my form was nonexistent and couldn’t be true.

I know, I already said this in my last post.

Haha, I know what humans do. I know that CF is stronger, and has a less chance of breaking when doing new/harder things. I have agreed with that all before.

Hehe, for me getting a non-broken plastic base back is me getting an A on good form. Haha.

I could, but thats not true. I can say what I have said earlier in here already, which is riding better will decrease the chance of breaking something.

I wasnt asking. Of course its easier to ride with a good seat, but who here is riding a broken one? lol. OF course a CF seat will hold up better, as it wont break as easily from landing wrong and messing up. Of course when your online your gonna get knocked down, no matter how right you are, people still want to argue, and that makes it fun.

Seriously though, can this be over? You both have agreed on the fact landing right and all that lessens the chance of not breaking something. LESSENS! lol. And I never said that CF was bad. I wouldnt be wanting a SW base with SIF grips, and a Thomson post if I though CF was bad. Anyways, yeah, this is just gonna start going in circles if it keeps going. Actually, it has already started to go in a circle.

Now back on topic.

Good luck, Skrobo. Hopefully someone one has a used one just laying around or something.

And Dman, I would like pictures and details of your bases. You can send them through a PM. Thanks.

I wouldnt mind having one…its just that…I dont really want to pay around $100 for it…because I havent broke one yet…But my seat at the back is kinda flexy…whats with that? Are all of them like that?

Not all of them all. Your plastic is probably stressed, and there is a chance that your stiffener plate may be broken too.

Do you have a KH seat?

Yeah its a KH Fusion Street…I am iasrbs…well not anymore

Haha ok. Since its a KH seat, with the pull string cover, you should take the cover off real quick, and the foam, and just check if the plate is still one piece, and look for any stress marks on the plastic.

do all of the KH style seats have stiffeners? like would my qu-ax seat have a stiffener, or is that just a KH brand thing?

They all have it, but its not really even a stiffener. Its so thin that all it really does is hold the bolts in place.

ahhh. i see

yeahhh
thats how it goes
and the back of any regular velo plastic seat IS FLEXY thats all there is to it…