WTB USED KH CF seatbase(seat?)

Genraly street. Landing with the seat the wrong round doesnt seem to do it alot of good and when you land right on the end of the saddle by the handle and sideways wwing and stuff. Trials is fine genraly because I ride it mainly SIF.

Sometimes I just look at em funny and they break, haha. For real tho, any kind of tircks break em for me. Landing on the front of the seat, from flips or spins and what have you, and pulling up from hops wears right threw the metal stif’ner plate; it eventualy snaps. The same motions break right through ALU posts.
CF base is by far the best thing since sliced bread or splined hubs, which ever you like better.

To some it up. Bad form and landing wrong.

I do big drops too, and street stuff, like unispins and crankflips, and if you land wrong, a lot of the weight goes right onto the front of the saddle, and that abuse easily breaks the plastic bases.

Im just glad I quickly correct myself with my form so I land on the pedals first, then allow myself to just sit back onto the seat.

Dam why didnt I think of that.

Its not as easy as that, you cant ensure you will never land on the end of the seat when doing tricks and then you cant ensure that it wont break when doing another trick. CF bases are better in almost all respects. If you break your base, know/think your going to break it or just have cash lying around, buy one, there great.

Dude that made me laugh… I think riding hard has a much bigger part in broken seats than this so called “bad form”. Sure if you ride perfecty you may never break a seat, but even the best will have a bad landing, trying to crankflip a 6 or 7 set, now and again.

well theirs my reason why i dont break them:D , i only weight about 100 lbs:p

i also dont do “big” street by anymeans, i am mainly a trials rider who plays with street now and again.

CF base

I’ve made my own CF base. It took a bit of work and planning but the second one that I made turned out very nice. If you make your own just don’t expect it to turn out perfect the first time. I may decide to make some more and sell them for like $50-$60, but right now I’m simply too busy.

PA156312.jpg

I agree, what Jerrick said was a bit ridiculous. If you are going big you are going to break the base. No matter how good your form is, if you are pushing yourself it will happen. You aren’t riding hard enough if your plastic base isn’t breaking. :slight_smile:

It loooks preety good how does it ride?
I would probably be interested in the future if you were to make some more.

Yeah, of course your going to land hard pushing yourself. Flipping an 8set for the first time your bound to make a mistake. Or anything really. I have felt my seat flex when trying some things like 180’s off anything. Cf is a nice investment.

That is like saying there is no reason to have splines if you have good form. All that breaks cortless hubs is bad form. If you correct yourself you will be fine haha.

I’d buy one.

Excellent example!

i’ve felt it flex, but i just dont think 100 pounds is enough to break one with the trials stuff that i do. street may be harder on parts. idk.

hey qhxakg, It feels really nice, CF is a pretty amazing material. Hopefuly I’ll get some more made over thanksgiving or winter break.

Yeah that would be awesome pm me when you do so i can pick one up. I should have money at thanksgiving i think and i defiantly will after winter

may i please have one if you do?

i made a fiberglass one that i was happy with(broke) … i had to destroy the mold though :frowning:

PM sent

I use epoxy resin because it’s generally stronger than polyester, though unfortunately harder to find. I got a pretty good deal on the carbon fiber, I think it was about $40 for a 10" x 120" sheet.

Harsh.

Dont tell me about about going “Big”. Are 8+ foot drops, and 10-sets not big enough, or should I just start measuring by one floor, 2nd floor? From the videos I see on here, most of you guys arent going that big anyways.

I didnt say if you go big and push yourself you wont break anything, im just saying if you land better, the chance you have to break something goes down by a lot.

Also, I never said anything about a “perfect” rider, or anything dissing CF bases, so I dont know why you guys brought that up, and for me, it is easy for me to correct my form. When learning crankflips, I messed up a lot, landing on the seat, so I watched what I was doing, and fixed it. For a recent drop I did, I wrecked my first time, felt the seat bend, and thought about how I went off the drop, realizing my mistake, I fixed it, and now land it just how I stated before, weight going into the wheel, then myself lowering into the saddle later. I never knew correcting your form was so shunned upon, but I guess that’s why everyone wants long neck frames, and curved frames.

And I think that one comparison of bases to hubs was shit. Your weight is always going to be directly connected with your hub. The saddle, does not have to have any weight/force going onto it when landing drops.

Anyways, now that that is all cleared up, CF bases are ok. Id get one, but dont have the money yet, and wont for a while, but I dont mind. Wish they were cheaper, like they used to be a few months ago.

As for the completely different feeling some of you typed about it, I didnt feel it. I noticed the stiffness, but that was the only thing different. Not saying that that is bad, so dont jump on me for it, just saying what I felt after switching from CF and plastic bases for about a year or two now.

What Im saying is that just because you can land a super smooth perfect crankflip doesnt mean your never going break a plastic base and need a CF base. Obviously no one lands everything perfectly and gets things wrong so if you keep on pushing yourself and continue to learn new tricks and attempt new things you will break your seat and will most likley end up forking out the money and buying a cf base.

Jerrick,
I dont think our comments were ment to be harsh. We were simply trying to explain that “nobody” is “better” than CF, no matter how good the form. What you said sounds pretty full of yourself and maybe some of us with CF took it as a low blow(I know you cant afford it right now, so whatever helps you sleep at night). No one was attacking the idea of good form. Great form is wonderfull, everyone should strive for it, most of us do(…ahh I think its a natural ambition in a sport like this). Tho parts are still gonna break. Perfect form may save yer seat a bit longer but c’mon…in real life were always gonna make mistakes in this sport. Also, perfect form cant allways happen outside the box and thats where you learn new tricks and push your limits. Thats what us humans do push limits. Sometimes we make mistakes, we learn from them, correct them, and move on pushing more limits and making more mistakes. Robots are the ones that act perfect. CF gives you the extra bit of strength allowing us to go outside the box and get new tricks into your bag. Good form wont do that it will just make those tricks happen cleaner and safer.

Good form is like the final copy of a paper after much proof reading. CF is like spellchecker on your computer, a tool you use to help work towards you final outcome.

You cant possibly say that we wouldnt break stuff if we rode better, and get away with it. Yer just asking for your comment to be attacked.
I can say for sure that it is easier to work on your form and overall cleanliness of your riding if you dont have a broken seat. One way to ensure that is to rig your uni with CF.
I think whenver you put yourself or your idea up on a pedastal ('specialy online), you are asking to get knocked down.