Worst Injuries Disccusion thread

Dislocated shoulder 4 times, stopped riding seriously a year ago.

Dislocated my kneecap once while doing some trials. It popped right back into place, but I was limping for a little while after.

I’ve done that too :smiley: except mine didn’t pop back into place…:frowning:

I’ve also ripped a ligament in my knee that stopped me riding for a month.(I did it the day I got my new uni)

Just when you get something new… You injure yourself before you can use it. It sucks when that happens.

I have yet to injure myself enough that I can’t ride… I pray that never happens.

I landed on my leg at about 30km/hr on the Laos Unitour.

Back riding about 6months after the accident, although didn’t get back to my pre-injury race speed until recently.

'X-ray is obviously “round 2” with a fib-tib fracture. Steel plate is obviously from another adventure; a simple fibular fracture. What happened the first time?

Smashed head on a rock…

I twisted my ankle and fell after dismounting my uni on an adjacent rock…

DSC01873compressed.jpg

Round 1 was a Webber C ankle fracture that happened in Nepal in 2002, Unicycling in the Himalayas. I can’t find it but it’s one of my early posts on this forum.

That’s what helmets are for.

And do you think I really need to be told that after that happened? :roll_eyes:

You’ll make a good parent someday.

I remember my worst injury!

I remember, It was few weeks ago when i borrowed my frends uni cos his owns mine and i was practcing unispins on my unicycle before i borrowed my frends, the seat has metal and is distorted so everytime i landed on the seat it hurt but that didnt stop me after a few days or somthing i looked at my leg and i was carried away by counting my bruises "1,2,3,4,5,6,7… I had about 18-22 somthing like that and had 5 big bruiesses plus 2-3 cuts

Probably not, just a reminder.:slight_smile:

Unidentified, um yeah ok…

April 2007, Level 4 shoulder separation

I crashed my uni with a 27" road wheel going about 30km/h just about a year ago. I was waring a large backpack so I could not roll out of it.

every ligament that holds the shoulder to the collarbone were ripped in half and the collar bone lodged itself into the muscle that is usually over the shoulder blade.

My shoulder still gets stiff if I sleep on it and my leg is still sort of numb where they took out muscle casing to repair the ligaments in my shoulder.

Moral of the story: don’t wear large backpacks when unicycling faster than you can run.

Yes. How do we know that experience would make you any wiser if you weren’t already wearing a helmet when riding on rocks? It’s like the people who get injured in car accidents because they weren’t wearing any seatbelts, and now they still don’t wear their seatbelts.

Ouch. Shoelace in the cranks at 15 mph on a Coker. Broken clavicle and lots of scrapes. The bone ends don’t line up and aren’t healing very fast, so now I get to start using an ultrasonic bone stimulator. :slight_smile:

I was wearing a backpack (with my school stuff in it). Fortunately it was not large or heavy, but I wonder if it was a factor in the injury? I don’t think so in my case, as I think I came down mostly face-down, though with pressure focused to my right shoulder and knee. My helmet also whamped the ground.

Um, that’s [THREAD=24943]been[/THREAD] done in many threads already.

Why start a new one, especially if you don’t have anything to contribute in the first post? Ferchrissakes, if you’re going to spam the forum, why not do it properly and try to sell us some Nokia phones and Nike shoes?

disgusting…

I didnt know and you dont see anyone else complaining whats the big deal? LOL :smiley:

Not that I usually make a big deal out of this, but I will explain; generally you should use the search tool before making a post about something general like this. It’s better to have everything in one thread rather than branch the same topic into many threads. It makes for a more organized community and easier to find things that are of a particular topic.

Further advice for all you new users out there, very easy to follow:

DON’T CREATE NEW THREADS.

Period. Simple as that.

If you want a second rule I’ll offer it as well, but don’t let it make you forget the first one:

DON’T POST IN A THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD THAT’S USEFUL TO MORE THAN ONE OR TWO PEOPLE.

Also very easy, but it requires mostly not posting so it’s hard for some users, mostly new ones, to handle.

In this thread you wanted to read about peoples’ injuries. Most of us already wrote about them. I offered a little extra info about mine, and feedback to the guy with the backpack. Otherwise I didn’t really need to post here as my injury already has its own thread.

So if you want to read, go for it. There’s enough to keep you occupied until you die of boredom! :slight_smile: