why unicycle?

Cause it makes me less judgemental.

I used to look at people who played out famous battles with toy soldiers they painted themselves/collected erasers/attended Star Trek conventions and muttered ‘Get a life’ only half under my breath.
Now that I find my main source of entertainment on one wheel, I find that I no longer inhabit the (imaginary?) moral high ground that allowed me such a judgement over their pastimes. And I like me better when I’m not that judgemental.

Why walk?

because my nads like the abuse

Thats a really good response. :smiley:

Because if I don’t, I might as well go back to bed.

BECAUSE ITS THERE!!

or

why not?

Mr. Boogiejuice asked <<Why walk?>>

Boo Radley’s immediate response was:

Now, I’m no sports scientist, but I’d say Boo Radley needs to work on his walking action.:smiley:

I think I was initially attracted to unicycling because it was a challenge, and I was also learning to juggle at the time so unicycling fitted in well with that.
I didn’t ride much until last year, when I got back into it as a result of some of my friends at university starting a juggling club and learning to unicycle.

Now, I would say the main reasons I ride are -

• Because it’s fun
  • Because it’s unusual
  • Because it’s difficult, but with practice you can do practically anything!

Although it isn’t the reason I ride, this forum definitely gives me plenty of motivation to ride more and learn new tricks. Before I saw this forum I thought the best thing that could be done on a uni was idling!

James Potter beat me to it:

If the problem is other people giving you a hard time, that’s all the answer you need. Or stuff like:

• To annoy people who can’t ride
  • To get asked stupid questions
  • So I can get there slower

Etc.

If you really want to know why we forum members unicycle, I guess I could take a very long answer and sum it up into two majors:

1. Fun challenge
  2. Great exercise

I’ve been mountain biking for about 15 years, and no sport has ever excited me more…until now.

I learned to ride a uni in Oct 05, and my bike is exactedly where I parked it on that day; and I’m not sure I’ll ever ride 2 wheels again.

Ride on.

One more of us, one less of them.