Which pedals for muni?

Either these or these?

or if you have a better suggestion that’d be good too.

umm, they are both the red snafu… perhaps that is a bit of a snafu

oh sorry, i meant to link to this.

I say snafus. The tiogas look pretty weak imo.

my brother has these http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_32&products_id=98

they are the most insanely grippy pedals i have ever experienced. the only downside is that they are almost too grippy, sometimes it can be difficult to reposition your feet.

I think you can find them on sale at www.pricepoint.com but I haven’t checked in a while.

teehee!!

Out of those two I vote for Snafu, but the Jim C. pedals on unicycle.com are sooooo good!! I love 'em. But actually I used 'em primarily for trials…but they’d still work for MUni I think.

I’m gonna suggest the Snafu’s. I have the DX pedals which have the same pin configuration as the Tioga’s, but I have ridden the Snafu’s and like the better.

I have some of these. They are the grippest pedal I have used besides snafu’s. They are also really light and I would recommend them for trials and muni. They are a bit smaller than the average pedal though.

i have black snafus and love them to death.

Pedals

I would go with the Tioga Pedals. They have more grippy screws which is important. I went expensive and bought the Bontrager Big Earl pedals. They are very grippy and great pedals. However now after a month I am loosing the Alen grip screws. Bontrager did not use lock tight seal and the bike store wants a dollar for each replacement screw. I bought for 15 cents each from a hardware store. Also I don’t like the fact that the screws screw in from the outside and not from the inside. The Alen holes get filled with mud and dirt. It is very importatnt to get replacement screws with the pedals.

http://jaxbicycles.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2466

See the above link for a picture of the pedals.

Unicorn

I currently have Atomlab “Aircorp” pedals, but here’s is my next pair! Speedplay “Drillium”. (vivalargo uses them and they are great!)

speedplay_drillium_pedal.jpg

DMR V12 work beautifully, but they’re not cheap.

THOSE ARE SICK!!!

But yea the red snafus are soild as a rock and alot of people just love them

Shinburgers. All the grip you need, when you need it. And they don’t wear out (quickly). Huge platform, too. These are one year old:

shinburger.jpg

Is there something about the Aircorp that makes you want to try something else?

Of the two pedals you list, I’d go for the Tioga pedals for muni. They look grippy enough and at least 6 pins per side are replaceable. The Tioga pedals are thinner which is nice for muni. Thinner pedals are less likely to roll under your foot and give you better grip.

If you do very aggressive muni in rocky terrain or do things like pedal grabs with your muni then the Snafu pedals would be better suited. The Snafu pedals can better handle that kind of abuse without the pedal body breaking.

I think they are the ones he broke just before he attempted the 7 set.

I was thinking about these Tiogas, $75 at my LBS, but settled on a $60 pair of Kona 600 gram sealed pedals (the best for my limited budget of what they had in stock)

That’s right. Although since re-crimping the c-clip on the end of the spindle, it hasn’t come apart since, but it’s still bothers me that it could happen again at the least opportune moment! :astonished: So those drilliums have even more foot area and are also very thin, but the spindle is stronger and there are 3 pecision bearings per pedal (1 needle & 2 cartridge) instead of bushings. Plus Vivalargo swears by 'em and that’s good enough for me!

That’s right. Although since re-crimping the c-clip on the end of the spindle, it hasn’t come apart since, but it’s still bothers me that it could happen again at the least opportune moment! :astonished: So those drilliums have even more foot area and are also very thin, but the spindle is stronger and there are 3 pecision bearings per pedal (1 needle & 2 cartridge) instead of bushings. Plus Vivalargo swears by 'em and that’s good enough for me! :smiley:

I forgot about that for a bit and was beginning to think you just had an extra pair lying around or barrowed one for yesterday’s ride.

I think a more concave surface would be good and those drilliums look pretty flat, but kool though :roll_eyes:

Wouldn’t lighter pedals w/ pedal protectors last just as long and still be lighter than some more heavy duty pedals w/o
I’m thinking about these next: wellgo mg1 376 grams / pair :astonished: