Which pedals for muni?

A few grams won’t make any noticeable difference to me, esp. since I’m already carrying several pounds of water on my back! :stuck_out_tongue: But I like pedals with LOTS of foot area width and are thin as well, like the drilliums and the aircorps. When I went back to the snafus I felt way more unstable and they felt bulky. But like anything else it’s individual preference.:slight_smile:

i have these exact pedals on a bike and they arent that grippy

I had skipped over that thread (sorry). I no longer read every thread on the forum and skip over most of them. A search found the thread and the video.

That seems odd for the C-clip to pop off like that. They generally hold pretty well. They can even be a little bit tricky to remove. I wouldn’t expect one to slip off. Do you have special C-clip pliers to install and remove them?

Perhaps the C-clip was damaged when overhauling the pedals. Or maybe it wasn’t installed all the way. C-clips are standard and cheap. Might be a good idea to keep extras on hand and just replace them every time you do an overhaul. I’ll pick up extras in the correct size for my Aircorps.

The C-clip is also very close to the bottom of your shoe. It is possible that the sole of your shoe pushed the C-clip off. Seems unlikely though unless the C-clip was weakened or not fully set.

I’m still wary of the Drillium pedals due to the needle bearings. I don’t trust needle bearings in a muni pedal. But if Vivalargo and others are able to abuse them without problems I’ll change my mind. Someone is going to have to abuse the Drillium pedals in a wet environment to see how the needle bearings hold up to water, mud and snow abuse. Everything else about the Drillium pedals looks very solid except for the needle bearings.

What Pedals

Those speedplay pedals do look sharp but once again you have those allen screws that get filled with rock adn mud and get bent. It is then a Bi*** to get them out the allen wrench won’t fit in. Those Shinburgers looks strong and grippy but $99 is a lot of money.

Unicorn

John is right - I haven’t run the Drilliums (SP??) in wet conditions, so don’t know if the needle bearings will hold up. So far, Hans (who also runs them) and I have had no problem with them on dry land, save that they’re too expensive (115 bucks).

JL