What's the biggest injury that you incured unicycling (sorry ;)?

I jumped onto a really steep rock and the tired slipped off. I smashed my chin on it and split it open. I could see my bone! It sucked. I wasnt allowed to ride for a few days. :angry:

Cody diagnoses his own injuries so its not all right, i dont think you would be able to ride at moab if your knee cap was really cracked.

i was riding to school on my 6’ uni and i stopped at this intersecion, waited for the cars to stop then started riding across. when i got right in front of this one car he just gunned it and hit the front of my wheel and i went down spinning really fast and when i landed my ancle broke into two pieces, it was cool, i didnt even really feel it, not sure why though.

Last saturday of the semester I was celebrating not having any exams until the middle of the following week with a little unicycling before going out. I was in a parking lot right after I had learned to hop trying to do 180s off parking blocks when somehow the uni slipped out from under me really fast and I landed on my chin before I could get my hands out to take the fall. At first I was worried about my neck/jaw, but after I realized they were fine I noticed the blood pouring out of my chin. Spent four hours in the ER and ended up getting 11 stitches which have now turned into a sweet scar, not quite how I envisioned spending my last Saturday of Freshman year.

Haha. No. It wasn’t that big…
Here’s the hole it made in my pants. I patched it up to preserve it as best I could.

pants 002.jpg

this was a while ago, and it gives me no problems anymore, but similar to jackie’s (goats_on_unicycles) injury mine involes my testicles, I was rolling hopping a 4 stair(more like a 5 but still a 4) and I screwed up the landing and a few months later my right testicle was twice the size of the other one, and I went to the doctor the get it looked at and he said that if I had done anymore damage to it before seeing him it could have exploded. so I had surgery for it and they drained all the fluid out like a giant cyst.

countless sprained wrists, ankles, pedal bites and bruised knees. i don’t have one specific worst.

fell twice on my hands. first time without protection and it put me out for a week with a sprained wrist.
this morning i came down on my hands ,but i now use KH gloves and it was
no problem.

Every single time I’ve injured myself unicycling is after I haven’t been riding for awhile and when I come back my confidence outstripped my ability. Broke a toe that way and bruised or slightly cracked some ribs another time.

Well I outdid myself Last weekend, Saturday the 14th to be exact. Hadn’t gone for a serious ride for a couple weeks and took the Coker out for a short ride. Coming up a hill I decided to get aggressive and keep my speed up and took a spill; don’t know why but I wasn’t able to get my feet under me and landed on my right hip.

Femoral neck fracture. Major bummer. Hurt, but not bad enough that I didn’t walk (make that severely limp) home. Wise girlfriend talked me into going into the hospital that night. Got screws the next morning. Home now and quite pain free, but 10-15lb limit on that foot for six weeks. :frowning:

You can barely see a shadow that’s the fracture about half way down the screws. What looks like a fracture about a third of the way down from the screw heads isn’t. Two tiny incisions is all I ended up with since they were able to do a closed reduction, so they didn’t have to lay the joint open to align the bones.

Roak

what are of the body is the Femoral neck at, the hip?

Yes

Ouch, sticking a needle in my balls sounds worse… I’m assuming he used a needle.

I’m hoping that by studying how all these injuries happen, I can avoid injury.

I know most unicyclists somehow manage to avoid injury.

the doctor I assume used a needle to drain the testicle, but he had to make an inch long incision in my scrotum to do so…

I haven’t had much…I scraped a lot of skin off my lower arm and the typical knee and shin inguries. I think unicycling is safer then a lot of other sports, I’ve hurt myself more doing other sports or just being stupid

I just recently had my pedal give me about a 7 inch gash on my right leg… needed some stitches. But I haven’t retained anything worse than that …yet.:smiley:

I’m glad thats not me… :smiley:

i would hope that no one on the forums is that stupid. actually in people in general arent that stupid but i could also wish to have everyone in the world be a totally loyal slave to me. niether will ever happen though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgWEtYouWU
this is my friend sean

falling flat on back (thanks goodness for helmets and aspirin) or pedal bites while learning till my legs were black

Worst Injury

Today I uni’d for 10 hours with my friends, and chaffed (spelling?) my legs real bad. I would have to say that’s my worst injury other than the occasional, ball-sit.