What Leg Protection is Best?

pretty tight as they’re a bit small for me, and I’m taking about coker falls so 15mph plus. Perhaps they’re just a little small.

but you’ve never even used them?

Nope, which is why I’m not saying anything bad about them except that they do cost a lot more (in the US atleast), and that I can’t see how the 661’s could be improved upon.

That being said, my 661’s fit perfectly - I could see how if they were a little small or big how some of the issues that people are having could happen. Maybe the KH’s are sized better for some people.

Oh, and I put both mine on in about 30 seconds. Y’all need to practice more :slight_smile:

I can put mine on that fast but that’s because they’re so ripped up and stuff that there are only about half of the straps that haven’t been ripped off.

good point actually, the velcro tabs that hold the rear flap in place can rip off very easily, and the cross straps at the top sometimes come off too.

A couple of the straps ripped off right when I got them and tried them on (Christmas 06). My mom sewed them back on but they ripped again about a month later and the other straps have been falling off one by one since then.

I got a pair of 661 4X4’s last year sometime and within one ride, 4 out of the 6 main straps started ripping off while just putting them on. As of last week, I got myself some KH shin guards and they’re great. Fit perfectly and don’t slip down like my 661’s did.

I have the KH and there realy nice.:wink:

I had the kh ones…i thought they were amazing…till i got some of these
http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike.aspx?id=4b64d392-b2c7-4b14-a746-7f8554c9dc14&product=21ad13c7-f0fe-4ebc-90a3-0d4db83f6318

Which one do 36" cokers use ?

Which one for a coker rider, or do coker riders where one?

You guys must have got a bad batch of straps. My buddy has had 661’s since 04 and mine are from 05 and we’ve never come close to ripping a strap.

I don’t wear leg protection on my coker but I would suggest something with a hard plastic shell on the knee and shin so it slides along the pavement instead of catching and sliding off or down and getting torn up.

Maybe it’s just the newer ones aren’t made as well:( :thinking:

That’s possible - I just had a friend buy the 08’s and they are doing pretty good too. 4 rides and counting. Oh, and I know someone who has 06’s and they haven’t broken yet either. So, maybe the 07’s were bad?

I have the KH and they are easy to get on and off. After they have saved you several times you realize it doesn’t matter how much they cost for the pain they save when the pedals come for your legs. I still have my share of pedal bit scars but that is only from when I forget to put them on. KH is good for me…

I know it’s an old thread, but I got the KH Percussion a few weeks ago and find them just great. Very fast to put them on (under a minute for both), very sturdy, light enough not to feel them and very classy :sunglasses:
Only disadvantage : my shins get hot and I sweat like mad in them. But I haven’t tried to 661 to I can’t compare.

All in all, I’m very happy with the KH Shin & Knees armour.

pretty soon I’ll be able to compare my Raceface with some KH armor, mine are stinky beyond repair and my mom sprayed them with some gross fabreeze knock-off stuff and now my leg armor smells like a cheap whore, sweat and cheap perfumey smell. Yvette from Serious Juggling says I now have Whore-ish Legs hahaha If this smell doesn’t go away soon I’m throwing them out and asking for new KH armor as a replacement.

The only problem is that nobody can freakin get the kh’s off of UDC in the US right now… the only have sm. md. Lg. I need the XL’s cause i am a big man … A BIG MAN

How Serious are you about getting some? I was calling because I think I found you some. They can’t hold them without payment but you can pick them up when you come down here, they’ve got one set of XL left right now.

That’s one thing weird I noticed for the KH Gloves 2008 : they are waaaaaay to small… Agreed, I have big hands, but not huge, and the XL are barely big enough for me. I tried the L size before but I couldn’t even put my hand in the gloves. Thanks to UDC UK great service I could swap them for XL ones and those are ok.

As for the KH armour, I’m 1m76 tall (5’9" for our american friends :roll_eyes: ) and the L size is just perfect. How tall are you ?