What is the heaviest thing you've ever carried while riding your Uni?

Was your doll the Charlie McCarthy model or the Mortimer Snerd one? I tried to teach myself ventriloquism as a kid. I even purchased the Edgar Bergen “how to” LP record. Never got the hang of it. It think my dentures may have gotten in the way.

Charlie… Never got that great with it myself, though I passed spanish class by doing the alphabet with it for extra credit… LOL

It can help to hold the hands of the person who you are carrying- to make them feel safer and to guide their movements with your balance. The person on top does not need to balance the pedals, so they only need to sit upright mostly. I suspect a firm tire could help- with the combined weight of two people on top of a soft tire it might dig in to turn. The top person must have a lot of trust in the rider’s skills.

A big tall heavy guy once asked if he could ride on my shoulders and at first I didn’t take him seriously, but he was true to his word and I was able to ride maybe 20m uncomfortably with him on my shoulders. Maybe he wanted a piggy back but I thought the shoulder ride would balance out better. I’ve carried numerous other passengers of various sizes but only one at a time so far.

I’ve carried 3 dozen beers a fair distance.

I’ve carried loads of shopping and my Xbox to bell block.

Of all the things the heaviest I’ve carried is speakers playing Black Sabbath!

I think an eskie is a chilly bin. Wikipedia seems to agree:
Esky is an Australian brand of coolers manufactured by Nylex. The name is a reference to the association of Eskimos with cold climates. The term has become a genericized trademark and as such is a colloquial term in Australia for any portable icebox or cooler.

My parents-in-law own some rice fields and the other day I found many snails there. When asking if they are edible and they confirmed. Originally I wanted to take the motorcycle to the field, because it is too far to walk, but the others also needed it. Then I told them I’d use the new 24” and just carry the bucket, coz I have 2 hands free anyways.
Unfortunately I hadnt found too many snails because water from the rain quickly dries up in Thailand.
Normally I wear proper shoes on a uni but since I’d be wading through the water on my bare feet, I wore slippers. On the way back I learned that riding with wet slippers is not comfy. I also let out some water of the bucket with snails, because it got heavier with every kilometer, even if it was only 3.
It is easier to ride with a heavy backpack than carrying a few kilo’s from you hands.

4 large cantalopes, 2 each in 2 bags, up a hill

Pretty sure it is not the heaviest thing I have carried but to be honest I cannot recall what that might be. However, I did think about this thread when I carried an 8kg bad of charcoal the other day. Mounting was a little questionable but after that it was suprisingly fine. Easier than on a bike in some ways as I needed nothing to attach it to.

I don’t usually carry things on a unicycle but my body (which is not the heaviest thing, one would say :sweat_smile:).

I carried a large but not heavy duvet.

A large fan like this:

I remember carrying an 8 Kg kettlebell and that it was… Uncomfortable to ride with that thing in my hands.

Also also, a lot of books and comics in my backpack.

I rode home once with a 6Kg mitre saw balanced on the front of my 36ers handlebars.

It was a bit heavy to be carrying in one hand while walking the unicycle with the other, so I decided to ride with it. The getting on was the hardest part.

1 Like

Not sure what the heaviest thing I’ve ever carried is, but I remember carrying a G36… While riding my own G36. :upside_down_face:
I put it on my aerobars and it worked pretty well. I had to slalom between people in a heavy-crowded park - it was the first sunny Sunday after a lockdown - and it was pretty fun :rofl:

1 Like

I hope it was a KH36 – that saw on a unicycle brings a new meaning to “Evolution of Balance”…

If anyone wants to go after the record…

5 Likes

I was starting to doubt the validity of some of these claims until you posted this. Wow!!

It was indeed!

And I thought I had accomplished something when I carried a gallon of water in one hand! :joy:

2 Likes

A sack of garden soil

4 Likes