What is the heaviest thing you've ever carried while riding your Uni?

A guy who weighed over 100kg (220 pounds). I put him on my shoulders. I’ve since decided that carrying people who weigh more than you is not a good idea!

1 Like

I carried my 20" Trials on my coker once. I wanted to go ride with another guy and I didn’t wanted to wait for the bus:p I managed to put it in my bag when I rode there and I when I got back home I was just riding with my full 20" in my hands.

Carried a friend on my shoulders back in college. Come to think of it the second heaviest thing is probably my college backpack with all those books!

I have also done this.:smiley:

my 20 inch trials on my 36"

I’ve carried two people(~300#) whie riding a trials cycle. I once had to freeboard 2 miles down Mt. Rose highway carrying a giraffe and 2 bc wheels, that was exciting.

Just a short distance with one unicycle over each shoulder.

“Where’s your oth… oh.”

I cannot imagine carrying a kayak for four hours. :astonished:

As usual, I’m quite impressed with all the things my fellow crazy unicyclists have done!

As a beginner, my modest claim is that I wore large two backpacks full of food (couldn’t zip them up on top!) about a mile home from Costco. Going up and down the bridge over the highway was the toughest part!

I must say, though, that balancing with an approximately 30 lb. (14 kg) backpack in back AND one in front–a frontpack?–can be easier than just one in back, if you’ve not done either. I just couldn’t freemount with the front backpack hanging down!

To be fair, it’s an inflatable packed in a backpack.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tholub/317662946/

nice job with the kayak. i dont even like walking witht them for any period of time.

i think the best i have done was 2 15packs of beer. one under each arm.

I go shopping by unicycle a lot. There have been several times I brought a 15kg backpack full of groceries home. The supermarket is fairly close, though.
I think the trickiest ride must have been when I rode to the studio on the 29er:
I carried my electric guitar, laptop, multi fx, some cables, adaptors and some other crap for about 5km. Not too impressive weight wise but a fall could have been very expensive. It went well, though.

ha some very interesting comments

My first tour, Ottawa to Kingston (240km) I carried about 60lbs on my back. I didn’t have a handlebar. I swore after those four long days I would never tour again…

I’ve also ridden a few times with adults on my back (small adults, maybe 120lbs), but only on my 24.

Catboy that’s just nuts. Even with a handlebar I don’t think a unicycle seat is comfortable enough for me to ever want to try something like that.

I was riding my 20" into town last year and got so bored on the long trip I pulled out my book of Edgar Allan Poe and got stuck into some great stories. I got some great reactions from pedestrians :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I completely missed the point of this thread. :frowning:

the heaviest thing I have carried was an eskie full of energy drinks that the company’s advertisement car people asked me to wear while they got footage of it, I would estimate there were about 30 cans of drink in there!

Blimey, that must have looked like a scene out of Bears on Wheels. :smiley:

A grown man

Edit: Well… piggy back

The best I’ve done is 10kg on a four day tour around Kangaroo Island

Which was amazing btw. Pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=196034&id=742246928&l=16beff16a1

Two 30 packs of beer, in a snow storm.

my girlfriend (given she’s only about 110lbs but still)

i made it about 3 revs without holding on to anyone, after that i needed a little support. i have a feeling doing this would be easier if the person on my shoulders was also a unicyclist

Or if she was facing the other way! :smiley: Sorry couldnt hold that one in

What’s an “eskie”?