wanted:the fatest tire you can find

The Hoggy-G tire is actually less wide than a 3" Gazz. And even a 3" Gazz is less than 3" wide (The Gazz is about 2.8" or so). I can’t remember how wide the Hoggy-G actually is.

The Hoggy-G does get the award for biggest exageration for the measurement printed on the sidewall of the tire. It ain’t nowhere near 3.45".

then why would it say so?

Because bicycle tire measurements are more about marketing than reality.

o.

Re: Re: wanted:the fatest tire you can find

Robert built that unicycle many years ago to enter in the kinetic sculpture race up in Humboldt County. This is the same race Lloyd Johnson’s friend Scotty Berelson entered this year, on a bike he built especially to use two 24x3" Gazzalodi tires.

Those pictures were taken at the CA MUni Weekend in 1999 (by me). Where did you get them?

Meanwhile, that race car tire uni is really cool! I’ve always thought about what it would be like to ride a unicycle with a big heavy motor vehicle tire. You guys with your trick ideas are thinking small. That wheel is just what you need for ULTIMATE WHEEL WALKING! Just take off the frame!

Somebody went to a good deal of effort to create a super-wide Schwinn-style frame. I wonder who, and where?

Re: Re: Re: wanted:the fatest tire you can find

I would have loved to have seem him ride that in the sand downhill!! Also, Tom Holub entered the Kinetic Sculpture race last year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: wanted:the fatest tire you can find

but imagine trying to steer the beast.

Re: wanted:the fatest tire you can find

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:32:10 -0500, “johnfoss” wrote:

>Those pictures were taken at the CA MUni Weekend in 1999 (by me). Where
>did you get them?

Most likely off the www, but other than that I don’t remember. The
saved pic on my pc is dated 30 Jan 2000, which is about two weeks
after I started surfing the web for unicycling stuff, so I didn’t yet
have a mental road map of the uni web resources at the time.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“I (…) made it without dying, which means mere mortals can do it. - John Foss”

Actually, I’d probably say a Gazz 3 inch (or I hear Michelin makes a huge dh tire) on a large marge rim. The gazz is huge already, but on a large marge it’s gigantic.