wanna go bigger?

or else everything would be boring(duh:) )

Looks like somebody “invented” a giant, one-wheeled skateboard that can only turn left.

Zoolander could only turn right.

Anybody else notice that? I didn’t watch the entire video, but I skipped through and not only didn’t see any successful turns (90 degrees completed without any steps), and I saw zero attempts at turns to the right. Kind of takes the usefulness out of it.

I thought about why. If you fall off so much trying to turn left, you’re going to fall into the wheel turning right. No place to put your feet down!

Anyway, the thing is very cool to look at, but would be a bitch to store and transport. Probably great for parades and things like that.

looks like it could be fun for a little bit not for 500 dolars though :sunglasses:

It would be cool to see someone actually master one of those but you can almost guarantee that if that was sold commercially, it would promptly go out of production as soon as someone got an ear ripped off or and hand or arm mangled. You could make a safer one with a mono-cycle design without spokes.

Perhaps a Tandem model too with plates on both sides for two riders, then you could turn both directions.

It would be a lot cooler if they had someone in the video that was good at riding the wheel. Because they make it look stupid with how bad the suck at riding it.

XTREME COUCH POTATO-ING!!

I rekon if they tried to take it down some stairs the whole thing would collapse. They wheel seems very unstable.

bah it looks reasonably funny to me… i did notice the guy only turned left as well.

I’m sure they could improve it and make it quite fun… And as for the $500… well people have too much money, its a fact!

Put two standing plates on each side of the wheel.

Use the concept of the monocycles, so you wouldn’t need spokes.

Put handles inside the wheel, one on each side, two near the top of the circle, so you can have some goo hand positions.

This way, you can stand in the center of the wheel, and turn either way, or you could step through the wheel and go on either side, to do sharper turns, or to ride it more like your wind surfing. The handles would just need to be placed so you can hold them form all 3 ways. Left side, center, and right side. =p