wanna go bigger?

have you seen this yet?

http://suncycle.boat-composite.com/

that thing looks awesome!

it looks like it would take a while to get used to the steering though.

When I first saw it I thought the middle of the wheel was filled in with transparent polythene or something, so it would act like a sail and be ridden like a windsurfer. In the video though he looks to be just riding it like a giant BC wheel/skateboard thing.

I never thought I would see a more pointless mode of transport than a BC wheel.

Looks like I thought wrong!

It doesn’t look like you can ride it very far.

Rock on!
Edd

The clip is very boring. I wish they took it down some stairs or something, if they say it’s an extreme sport.
The whole thing seems kind of like a big waste of time and money.

seems like a great way to injure yourself my accidentally sticking a hand/foot/arm/head into the spokes.

my thoughts exactly^

man… they need to research the tricks on this… its a new way of wheel… no1 takes a new object and start doing stairs gaps and big hops…

cool

Some dumb bugger should take that thing on a half pipe.

I’d do it seriously if I dosn’t has ter pay for one.

It’s a giant BC wheel, but having the weight so far below the center of the whell will seriousouly help balance.

Well, then they must have researched it before making a 9-minute long clip, where all they do is ride around, getting no farther than 10 metres.

It’s like ride one of those of those windsurfers, Except for the road, cause of the way they’re leaning. Looks like a waste of money. But each to their own. :smiley: :smiley:

It’s like ride one of those windsurfers, Except for the road, cause of the way they’re leaning. Looks like a waste of money. But each to their own. :smiley: :smiley:

It’s like riding one of those windsurfers, Except for the road, cause of the way they’re leaning. Looks like a waste of money. But each to their own. :smiley: :smiley:

It looks like it’s being ridden by inventors, not by someone who’s really tried pulling out the stops. From the clips you can get some idea of the way it acts…

Wasn’t impressed with the tubing they used, it looked like they were getting some flex on that bow spar there on some of the maneuvers. Better to put connecting rods around the ends of each radial, under tension pulling each tip toward the wheel so to reduce flex. It’s not clear that that one, which seems to be a prototype of sorts, is really built to the standards of a stunt rider, possibly because not enough have been used to work out the kinks.

The swing of it sort’ve implies that a tricker might be able to get their body to flip on the inside of the wheel though, and do some sort of inversion while rolling, which would likely impart some sort of spin to the wheel. Tricks would likely resemble rolling plate behavior more than hopping and gapping. The addition of a disc brake would open up a number of tricks i’m sure. Some of the more extreme tricks might need them to raise the board a bit to avoid strike. It looks like the design would be pretty easy to motorize too.

why does everything have to be so ‘extreme’?

sick its like a bc wheel with only one plate :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

And 10 thousand spokes.

because it has ONE wheel