UniGeezer: "Crazy 8!" (8 stair!)

Yeah, and I should also try to approach the rolling hops with my saddle much lower, (with my knees way more bent like so many trials riders for roll hopping up pallets, etc.), which should allow me to spring up more at the launch point.

It’s like if I’m standing on the ground with my legs straight and almost locked, I wouldn’t be able to jump up, unless I bent my knees first. And the more I bend down, the higher I could jump.

Also, I can jump fairly high static, if I reach down to touch the tire, folding my body forward. I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to do this when jumping a stair set. I have to work on that.:smiley: I appreciate all the advice.

(Of course, my advanced old age could also be a limiting factor!:o)

Edit the video in WMM, then use VirtualDUB to edit the audio compression.

It’s quite simple, go to Audio on the top menu, click Full Processing Mode, then go to Compression and change it to MP3 56kb/s, it will sound so much better.

I hate that knocking noise your music always has from the terrible WMA audio compression.

“knocking” noise? I don’t hear anything like that. When I listen to the finished video, the music sounds just like it did before I added it to the video. But I’ll check it again thanks.

It’s more of a chirp actually, it’s artifacts caused by really lossy compression

This video for example, it’s very noticable at around 40 seconds in, chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp to the beat.

I also vote for more riding in big stores. I like those videos.

Here is a good one I liked, but it’s guys on bikes.

I hear the drum beat. Could it be possible that certain songs, and how they were recorded could sound worse than others when put in a video? Do you notice the “knocking” sound in all of my videos, or just some more than others. Oh, I tried to use V.Dub but it didn’t recognize the WMV.:frowning:

Your kung-fu is best :smiley:

Most videos I notice it, but usually I don’t watch Youtube videos with sound on, I mute them and have my own music playing.

Don’t know why it wouldn’t recognize it… mine seems to do a fine job.

lol
i only push off my left foot. my right foot has actually come OFF the pedal on my takeoff. its more of a natural thing for me, but i’m pushing up (without killing my forward momentum). you have to be kind of comfortable with the motion of your feet. enough so that you can do a little hop, say 2 feet rolling, and come to a dead stop within a pedal, and be comfortable with the whole thing.

also i have to say, of all the videos i have seen yours expressed the best warmup. i would NEVER go for a set bigger than an 8 (i’m comfortable with them) if i hadn’t been jumping 8s or bigger within a few days of the jump. for you, having never done an 8 before, i like how you got comfortable with the 6 first. your video was actually very entertaining.

lol
what speakers are you (borg…) using?

Outputting to a stereo, which has expensive ass Sony home theater speakers.

It’s just the WMM audio compression, it’s terrible.

i believe you and all, but i’ve never heard it, and i’ve listened to a TON of movies made in WMM. it could be your sound card or your cable?

Highly doubt that.

I asked a couple people on my MSN list who have good ears like me, I just asked them if it sounded funny, they said they could hear funny sounds too.

I went on my Moms computer with a dying sound card and cheap 6 year old Polk Audio speakers, I can hear it just as good on that.

Anyways, it’s not that important, WMM with the settings Terry is using, has weird artifacts in the sound.

Well, I usually use the default “recommended” DVD quality.

Um… :thinking:

Not a day over 25 - that must be his fake ID from high school :smiley:

The teacher in me wants to know what sorts of things would prompt a kid to say “I’m stupid” into a video camera …

Great job, Terry. I’m going to have to get over my fear of jumps … (but I guess I have a few years yet) :slight_smile:

Haha yeah those kids were totally spontaneous with thier remarks, and I might add very random lol!

Very entertaining, (and impressive!). And I vote that the music was awesome.

And poop on the wheel is sometimes part of life, my 26er muni still has goose doodoo from a recent ride. No biggie.

Keep on truckin’

Twenty shit with a jump like that no wonder, brilliant, keep it up seriously thats amazin :smiley:

Haha thanks! How’s things in your neck of the woods?:smiley:

Great job man! That is amazing!