Unicyle.com Sucks!

www.gballz.com does that.
I refuse to argue with you two because all you do is flame UDC US.
Go post here where you guys belong.

If you don’t want to except my apology then don’t comment on it. I don’t want to hear from you anymore.

Littleman, I think I got off the subject as well

I think this place has the best price on torkers, with free shipping
http://brandscycle.com/itemlist.cfm?category=111
I would try to get a used one for less. I don’t like how torkers use a unique size bearing just to rip people off. No kidding, torker bearings are 30$/pair to replace. Vs. 4$/pair if they had used a standard size.
Here’s a good read if you want to read what KH and others have to say about the retail uni pricing biz.

Good luck !:slight_smile:

Give Dan a call before you flip out. He is in Mira Mesa–Action Cyclery. Why wait for shipping when you can have it TOMORROW! Tell him Sean sent you. I remember he had a DX in stock, don’t remember if it was a 20 or 24.

Don’t like the way UDC handled this?
Send them a letter. They won’t be able to fix their problems if you don’t let them know.

I try not to buy from them due to their prices and they tend to screw up my orders.
But I’ve pretty much decided that unicycling is for rich people.

UDC Prices

Feel the Light, I don’t know how your Cycle Brands place has a cheaper price than UDC. It seems that in this case they are about $20 more expensive than UDC US. Amazing - UDC US actually being cheaper than another place. I must say that I think the prices both at UDC US and Bedford are very high. It is hard to beleive that in a country the size of America another distributor to specialize in Unicycles does not pop up! I read an article on UDC in the NY times and I was surprised by how profitable the business was. John Drummond had a nice position with IBM for over 20 years and he opened up UDC on a part time basis. After a year he quite IBM because he was making so much more with UDC.

I must also say that it seems that MDC (Germany), UDC UK, UDC Sweden and Qu Ax are much more involeved in unicycling events than UDC US.

Unicorn

hey, when did you call them? remember that they are on eastern time. so if you call at 2pm they are already closed!

I have had to order a few things from them and I just do it right away in the morning, when I wake up.

look at the bright side. if they open at 7am their time, we can order stuff in the middle of the night! 4am.

-joseph

Ive ordered a few things from them, videos, frames, uni, tires, and a few other little things. Never had any problem, just purchased it all online.

They would send me a UPS tracking number, and then I just had to wait. :slight_smile:

You’re right unicyle.com does suck, it is just one of those search pages that relies on people not being able to spell or type properly.

Unicycle.com on the other hand is great, it supplies almost everything you could want unicycle-wise and has a website full of photos and descriptions of unicycles and parts. They’re not perfect, sometimes a few of their 1000’s of product descriptions are not totally up to date and they do make the odd mistake from time to time but I think they are doing a good job and from what I have heard they always try and fix any mistakes, if you contact them rather than just complaining on a forum.

jim

I just checked

The cycle brands place is 10$ cheaper then UDC for a dx20, but does charge more for a dx24, which I didn’t notice when I posted the link. I have never bought anything from them. With the free shipping I thought it might save 20 $ or so, but I guess it depends on which he wants to buy.
Just an idea, maybe they would match UDC’s price, and still give the free shipping.:slight_smile:

Could you please start by letting us know where you learned of this policy? From one or two individual experiences? That does not a policy make, as I have already responded in another thread where you wrote nearly the same thing. Talk to them first, then us.

BTW, Brands Cycle is a bike shop in Wantagh Long Island. They may be a separate operation for the mail-order stuff though, but they were a very big shop when I lived down the street from them in the 80s. They are not experts at unicycles; they just re-ship what they get from the distributor. Though their distributor might be UDC, it’s probably directly from Torker’s US distributor as Brands has been around forever (okay the site says 53 years). I notice they carry Schwinns. At least those come from UDC, as they are the official distributor.

most shops just order through bti. and have no idea about unicycles

A bit of history here

I am sure unicycle.com are happy to rectify their mistakes as they want to help as much as possible. Before you were probably born (to ride a uni at least), no one had an online shop or a central place to buy unicycles. It was hit and miss to get anything other than a chrome juggler was difficult. Its easy to get on a bandwagon about complaining, but UDC did set the scene as we know it. They deserve some respect for making it happen.

I have ordered quite a few things from UDC and only one time did I have a problem. They included the wrong bolts w/ a larger order. When I e-mailed them of this I received the correct bolts w/in a week w/no charges and let me keep the $5 bolts they originally sent me.

I will continue to do most of my uni shoping through them.

Exclusivity for Unicycle Distributors

I can understand “Distribution Exlusivity” for countries the size of Israel, Denmark, New Zealand or even Holland. These are small countries where there is just not enough room in a lot of casses for dealer competition. However it is always in a brand’s best interest to have as many dealers as possible competing with each other. This is very healthy and creates the competition that makes Capitalism so great! America is a HUGE country and usually has ecomomies of scale that make prices there so much lower than in Europe! However with the UDC US virtual monopoly on Uunicycle sales this is not the case. In Europe the prices of Unicycles are actually usually a little bit cheaper than in the US or comparable and that is after a draconian 19% VAT tax that does not exist in the US! There is definetly something rotten going on in the US!

Unicorn