Unicycling is not a Crime - DVD Discussion Thread

I don’t know what the big deal is. You can watch the DVD on almost all computers, bluray players, and european DVD players. No, he isn’t going to publish is digitally because then it would easily be pirated. No, he isn’t going to make the movie only for iPad owners because that’s a tiny demographic. DVD is still probably the most widely used format, even in 2011(!).

It’s a sick DVD with great filming and editing, and you will be very happy if you purchase it, I know I was. :smiley: I’ve seen it at least 5 times already.

The pirating argument doesn’t really cut it, because it isn’t that difficult to rip it anyway. And just copying a DVD is even easier. This kind of argument was used by the music industry long ago, and it turned out to be a very expensive misconception (that has been thoroughly refuted). So I’m a little surprised and disappointed that this point of view is taken for a unicycling video.

I have no doubt that it is a great movie, and I would instantly buy it if I could just download it conveniently.

just try to imagine that having another way to sell this film makes it a lot harder to manage and takes a lot more time!
in the future i’ll may be think about it, but for now it’s none of my priority!

if i can explain myself better, just try to imagine that i’m managing this whole project myself, with a really tight budget, and it’s really hard to multiply the way of selling the film.
if this one works well and if i figure out i wanna do another one, one day, may be i’ll think of other possibilities later

O.k., thanks for answering, that’s a legitimate reason.

I just had the thought that it would be great if there was an online video store dedicated to unicycling. Maybe some already existing vendors or sites (e.g., unicycle.tv) could pull this off? Given that the unicycling world is small it could be much simpler and convenient than giant alternatives like Itunes (which has its own restrictions and problems). In principle this should be simples than going through the trouble of producing and shipping DVDs.

Anyway, I think its great that there is a new unicycling movie, regardless of the distribution medium :slight_smile:

i’ve watched the DVD yesterday, it’s a great part of video and unicycling art! i loved the BC part and the austrian part in croatia was very creativ and also the “slopestyle” in france was great, also the trials and street parts (a shame there was no more material from cedric, was he to busy or lazy?)…

but, for a second part i have some wishes:

• way less flatland
  • more real street (big street, without flatland...)
  • some muni (or was i the only one who didn't see any mountains in the vid?)

of course thats only my personal taste…

thanks to anybody who was involved in this project!

Thanks for all the work and time put into the project!

I got the DVD Friday night and finally had the time to make it through the whole thing last night.

Very nice.

Personally, I’m glad to see it did have some flatland and especially the flatland/freestyle crossover a bit. I really liked when the creativity of the riders was showing, and it wasn’t all crankflips and spins. It’s very important that people push the limits on those tricks, but flow is really important to the more casual observer. To most people a 5 spin doesn’t look different than a 9 spin because everything happens so fast. Same idea with crankflips and such. Using the landscape whether it is natural or man made is cool.

To me, the coasting and gliding combos were clutch. Also, the 26" skatepark runs were amazing.

Way to pull it off!

thanks a lot again for all the comments guys! i really appreciate it, this is totally why i made this project: to make unicyclists happy!

for the muni, i know that this is not the highlight of this movie, i wanted to have more riders in muni but not a lot of riders were motivated so i had to do it with the people i found, may be if i do anther one, one day that’d change

For the whole thing about the DVD only being available physically, I totally understand Bobousse.

Let,s review some points here:
-Some computers don’t have CD/DVD players (i.e. MacBook Air)
-Physical only DVD release is becoming outdated
-Alot of people don’t have computer anymore, some just have smartphone or tablets
-Physical DVD is useless if you just want to watch on a computer
-Physical DVD is a waste of material for people that just want a virtual download
-It’s so easy of pirating a DVD anyway
-My UINAC DVD is already ripped on my computer [for personal use i.e. watching it again without having to put the DVD in the DVD player (which is pretty long and slow, bad playback etc.) ]
-It could already be on torrent or P2P website/sofwares, but it’s not (I’ve checked)

BUT!!

-It would be so much easier to share UINAC with digital release, so
-Let’s just support Bobousse, and not copy or distribute UINAC
-Bobouse is not making MILLION$, I doubt he’ll even make any profit out of it
-Last thing, thanks Bob for putting an up to date DVD of extreme unicycling! Good job

+1
but:
boubusse can only publish videos riders sent to him -
so its up to you (all) :smiley:

Not videos that riders sent me cause i mainly filmed the whole thing!

you should film more in liechtenstein for part 2;)

?

Btw we all where wondering how come you are not on the DVD For real’s!!!:smiley:

Julia couldn’t make it to NYC during the time when Bobousse filmed the USA part.

Boooooo!!:frowning:

My moms $20 DVD player can play UINAC, but my father’s 3 expensive and more recent DVD players can’t play it… That means I can only watch it every 2 weeks! :frowning:

doens’t it play on your computer? :slight_smile: so you can also watch it at your dads place

and can’t we stay ‘on topic’, I mean talking about the riding,filming,… of the dvd instead of saying it doesn’t play on my dvd player and why haven’t you made a digital version of it,…
I don’t think Eli made this threat for this kind of discutions and it would be nicer to read this threat :slight_smile:

A threat? AHH!! SHIT! haha…
Well it’s just a discussion about the DVD, so it’s pretty much open… and also, this is the internet.

So that was me being a dick,

Solution: Creation a thread but with a spoiler alert. Talking about the riding in the DVD but not being able to specify any detail won’t make the conversation go really far.
Thread title: SPOILER ALERT UINAC discussion thread
now that will be more interesting.

Yes… I already had the DVD for a month, but couldn’t watch it.
Then I ended with the disk “locked” in the DVD player of an old MacBook, with a battery that would fail during boot even while being charged.

Yes, I think both will be as legendary. “Defect” was a breakthru, while “Unicycling is not a Crime” is a perfect documentation of extreme unicycling of this era. A must-have for now, and a must-have for later. (So I’m glad it’s a physical distribution).

A big compliment to Bobousse!

+1 I admit I was totally surprised seeing this.
+1 for the dog to :slight_smile:

My copy arrived today. I’m really excited to watch it!