Unicycle Spotting / Sighting Thread

Front page of today’s local paper. No story accompanying it just the caption. Assume it’s TCUC in last nights parade.

So you don’t have to do what I just did, the caption: “Riders on extra-tall unicycles steady each other during the St. Paul Winter Carnival’s Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade on Saturday night in downtown St. Paul. The carnival concludes today.” Looks like a good time!

Yep! That was Twin Cities Unicycle Club. The giraffe riders look terrified because the cobblestones were pretty treacherous. The tiny rider in the pink sleeves on the left is my 8 year-old daughter. I’m back there somewhere, but out of sight.

Digital pics here:
http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/04/photos-flames-warm-downtown-st-paul-streets-during-winter-carnivals-torchlight-parade/

In case you didn’t catch Saturday Night Live on 4/14/2018 or missed this there was a unicyclist rolling up to cross Chester Ave in Pasadena during the establishing shot of a skit.

(YouTube comments identify the unicyclist as Daniel, an undergraduate at Caltech.)

Hi-Wire Prime-Time is no more, but I’ve been curious for some time about radlers and just this evening happened to notice the artwork on T.W Pitchers’ Grapefruit and Blood Orange Radler. (Bought a six but haven’t tried one yet!)

Here in Belgium we have a famous beer, La Chouffe.

And here’s the Chouffe Blonde:

Wow! Got to get me one of those! Their website map says they may be available at the Safeway near my office, or the even nearer BevMo!

I bought some last week during a day trip to Brussels. And then realized they have it in my local mini market downstairs from my Paris apartment!

It’s not only a cool bottle… it’s also a good beer!

Bought one of these last week:

Too bad the gnome on the glass isn’t riding a unicycle! I would absolutely buy some if he were.

Love it! I just checked my regular beer stop’s website and it shows Houblon Chouffe IPA in stock locally but no Chouffe Blonde to be found anywhere. The gnome isn’t unicycling on the Houblon label either but at 9% ABV I wouldn’t risk it myself. :slight_smile:

Based in San Francisco so it should be a layup for you. Most grocery stores have it here, way across the continent.

And I’ve had one now and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s a different experience, closer to lemonade than beer, not really one or the other, but refreshing. I can see why it’s associated with summer cycling.

Available on Amazon! But at quite a high price; I could see it maybe to collect one jar, not for regular consumption.

1979 LP Cover:

Photo: © Alex Bartsch, please click photo for original source at spiegel.de newspaper website.

The photo strip and article are about a guy photographing old Reggae LP Covers on the original places in London.

I have seen many, trust me!

Hey, my homebrew has a unicycle on the label too!

Google

Check out Google doodle today.

New sport invented: unicycle soccer

I guess you would have to kick the soccer ball riding one-footed.

Got any of that spare? :smiley:

On an unrelated note, I’ve got one of those keyboards (used to have three).
Mine’s Compaq branded with Cherry branding on the bottom and MX browns. It has a lovely feel, and although no longer my favourite, it gets plenty of use due to the useful addition of the trackball.

Yeah about 20 pints left, it’s not the best brew though. It was an experiment with a shedload of half-rotten bananas, so while it smells like bananabread it tastes like slightly sweetened bitter! If you’re racing on Sunday let me know and I’ll bring a couple :smiley: I’ll warn you that it’s about 8% though so if you’re riding home maybe give it a miss.

Yep the keyboard is a Compax MX11800 - I got it from an old shutting-down server farm of some kind, it came with the rack drawer and a couple of decades worth of crud under the keys. It was my intro to the marvelous world of mechanical keyboards and I love it! There’s no Superkey but thankfully some of us aren’t limited to the shite Microsoft put out so that’s easy enough to work around (Who needs a Caps lock anyway)

I’m always up for trying things, but are you not riding there as well?
If you’ve not seen my post on FB, I will be there but unlikely to be in a racing/riding state. Pretty bummed out about the whole thing but I’m not going to miss the event!

Sounds exactly the same as mine, although I was lucky that they came out of the cabinets basically as new - nobody wanted to stay in the server rooms long enough to be able to get them dirty, and food was of course forbidden. :smiley: