Unicycle.com New Product Launch

As an aside, I like the new look and feel of the Unicycle.com website (US). (I know, I know it’s been around a little while now, but I’ve been on unicycle hiatus for a while and am now itching to get back into it.) Anyhow, one suggestion is to put back on there the “What’s New” tab that was on the old site. I loved to just go to the website just to see what new products were available, or what was back in stock that was out… Just an idea. Perhaps that’s covered in the blog?

Yes, the Eclipse and Impulse hub spindle are made from AL7075 Aluminium.

shadow handlebar

Elke and me saw the new shadow at the düsseldorf marathon and we were both enthused, so we ordered - the first? - for Elke:)
now we fever for a package:D

Usa?

When will these product be available in the US?
I’d like to try the Shadow handlebar

What does ‘• special plastic + fibre material body’ mean in the description for the freestyle frame? I thought it was made from Aluminium?

That’s referring to the new pedals

Ah, just a mistake then. I got excited, thought it was a new type of composite frame :slight_smile:

Edd, Congratulations! You win a prize for spotting our secret mistake of the day…
:wink:

We just wanted to test all you hardcore unicyclists to see if you actually do read all these descriptions that we spend so much time on! Clearly our efforts are not wasted

Rachael

Is the frame going to be available in 500mm?

EDIT: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It’s the next thing I’m buying, finally a light freestyle frame! YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

The frame already is available in 500mm
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdisplayproduct.asp?catalogid=1265

Selling my current freestyle unicycle, anyone wants it!? :smiley:

probably…

Pics and discription

goodness…

I feel Like UDC USA is always giving us the short end of the stick.

The Nimbus Eclipse 400mm if $5 more then the others on USA. Not on UK. and the UK has a 500mm option…

I feel like I am having to pony up just because I am tall…

Also haven’t seen anything about this mysterious nimbus blizzard tire that udc has been dropping hits about here and there.

and the UDC USA web site says nothing about new products… so anyone who is new and cruising their site isn’t going to know what is new.

and the rest of us have to go check what is new on the UDC UK site and then come back and check on the USA site…

Goodness I say

hmm, was set on getting a KH36er but now thinking about the nimbus.

Questions: is it possible to put a schlumpf on the Nimbus with the disc brake?

Not unless we can persuade Florian to produce a Schlumf with a disc brake on it. :slight_smile:

The rotor is connected to the hub… it won’t connect to a schlumpf

Actually the issue with the NightRider Pro 36" is its strength : the hub is much wider than the usual 100mm in between bearings. Corbin machined the Nightrider frame to fit the Schlumpf, but eventually it failed as the frame was putting pressures at unusual angles on the hub.

I guess the KH/Schlumpf should fit the muni Nimbus frames with the standard 100mm clearance at the hub, it’s a problem specific to the way the Nightrider has been designed to have minimum flex, which is, as stated earlier, also its strength compared to the KH36 frame.

That was the story at the time, but considering the huge number of Schlumpfs of that generation which have failed since then, it seems less likely that the bearing holders were the problem. The issue was not the hub width, it was the bearing holder diameter; Corbin machined the 40mm bearing holders out to 42mm.

The KH36 frame is much, much less flexy than the Nimbus Nightrider frame. I don’t think there’s a unicycle frame in existence which is more flexy than the Nightrider frame.

LOL.

So I was wrong on all accounts, roflmao.

Thanks for correcting… Actually, I had missed the new UDC releases so I didn’t even know you guys were talking about the new official Nimbus 36 with disc brakes…

From what I recall, Corbin had said that the angle of the bearing holders were not flat as the Nightrider frame had to be “narrowed”. The bad seating of bearings can kill them, I thought it came from there.
As I’m waiting for my own Schlumpf, I can only hope that the problem was different or that the reliability of the geared hub went up recently :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m out to drool on UDC new stuff… My GAS with unicycles was stalling a bit with the Schlumpf :smiley:

Is the hub on the new eclipse freestyle narrower? Does that mean it is not compatible with kh frames? Are there any other frames that are compatible with the eclipse wheelset or hubs that are compatible with the Eclipse frame?
If the hub is narrower, what is the advantage?