Unicycle Capabilities

Hi guy’s I am kinda unsure if this is the right place to be posting this but i was needing a little bit of a hand.
I have recently just brought a nimbus unicycle with a 24" by 2.50" wheel i was kinda unsure due to the size if this will be an issue trying to tricks and learn new things does any one have one also that could shed some light on it.?

I’d say it depends on the tricks. I started out with a nimbus muni 26" and when I started wanting to learn tricks I quickly started to use its size as an excuse.

It’ll be tricky to learn any kind of spins on it, but there are some advantages to the bigger wheel. Wheel walking for example is much easier on a larger wheel. One foot riding also isn’t much harder on a larger wheel than it’s smaller counterpart. Also, you can still pretty much do all the tricks that involve the cranks, like seatwraps and whatnot.

If you’re looking to do flatland tricks, it’s probably too big for the more ‘bouncy’ tricks (unispsins, crankflips). The same applies for the majority of street tricks mainly due to the increase in weight.

PS: I can’t do all the tricks I mentioned in this post. Some of it was guessing what it’d be like for someone to learn them on a 24". But overall the point still stands, it depends on the tricks you want to do.

:slight_smile:

24" is the best all-around size for basic unicycling. Don’t blame the equipment if things seem hard; unicycles are hard. A 20" will be a little lighter and more nimble, but slower. Some tricks will be easier on that size, but others are easier on a 24".

Ok kool thanx guys for all the help it is very useful and i will take this all into mined when i am practicing
thanx all

Most tricks will be a bit harder to learn on a 24" and some riders r really good on them (Vincent does awesome street on his 26). I’m pretty sure they all learned and mastered them on a trials first.

Like JF said don’t let that keep u from trying them on what you’ve got :slight_smile:

Thank you for saying it- unicycles are hard! As I was mounting after a UPD yesterday, a woman walking by asked me “Is that hard?” and I replied “Yes!”

Teddy Roosevelt: “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…”

Actually I would be interested to know how true that is. I assume it is, would just like some confirmatory comments. I’m thinking about getting a trials just to learn some simple things. Just because I can doesn’t mean I should :stuck_out_tongue: a bad workman and all that. I have the silly problem of heading out to do some specific skills practice and then riding off and having fun instead…

Which explains why I watch guys doing amazing things on 24’s and wonder why I can’t do anything :smiley:

I learn on a 24" 10 months ago then went to a 26! and got a 19" then replaced the 26" with a 29" and now have got another 24" to do Trials and big street stuff on as I found the 19" only good for staying in one area where as the 24 is very versatile and can do most of what a 19" can do.

I am not the best trials rider in the world by any stretch of the imagination (better at XC riding) but am doing 4 foot drops on a 24" and find it good on the rocks :slight_smile:

The main limiting factor is rider skill, a good rider will be able to do most things on most size/types of unicycle

uni rocks 1 small.JPG

I started unicycling in 1979, and didn’t switch to doing tricks on a 20" (instead of 24") until 1984. These were different tricks, but I learned them all on 24" and won a few national titles during those years.