UNICON 14 DOCUMENTARY - by Jess Riegel

First, thanks Jess for putting so much effort into this project and then making it available for free to all of us. Very thoughtful and generous of you and your collaborators.

Second, has anyone had complete success downloading the full image and either burning it to DVD or mounting it on a virtual player? If so, please indicate the site used for the source and any software you used.

Third, this is my experience with it so far. It took me something like 20 hours to download the image file from the site Jess first mentioned. I could use Daemon Tools to get the image to mount and then play through PowerDVD but I have the same freezing and skipping problems that others have reported. Burning the image to a DVD-RW disc using DVDDecrypter exhibits the same freezing and skipping problems. I used a -RW rather than a +R or -R disc because I didn’t know if it was going to work. It’s easy to see how a file that takes this long to download could be corrupted. Again, was anyone successful with the full image?

I feel real bad for Joe Hodges, that line where Maxime Cabot won wasn’t all that difficult, joe just made a stupid mistake.

wasn’t that difficult :astonished: ? most of us couldn’t do it:(. But yeah he didn’t really do a bad fall on something hard ( for their level).

I guess someones gotta win, and that was Maxime! He needs more videos.

As there seems to be some trouble with the .img file, we uploaded a zip file and an ISO image will follow also.
So please wait, the zip file should be availiable tonight and we will post the link here later that day. I burn the zip file yesterday and it results in a normal DVD.
@ Emile: sorry for killing your DL limit, isn’t there a friend close to you who can make a second try for you ?

gossi found some time today so here are the links to the .zip file which is also 2,8 GB big. You can download it here:
unicon_14_doc_riegel_DVD.zip or here:
unicon_14_doc_riegel_DVD.zip

After downloading and unzipping it, you should delete 2 files from the VIDEO_TS folder. Delete “UNICON14DENMARKDDVDSP.layout” and “VOB_DATA.LAY”
Then you can burn a normal DVD from it which should run on PC, MAC and standalone DVD Player. That DVD content a Menu and some features that you cant find in the .mov file :smiley:
For those who prefer smaller files there is still the option to download the mov, wmv or flash version. The mov is the best qualtity from those 3 smaller files.
You find those files here:
mov file
wmv file
flash file

Finaly you can just watch it on unicycle.tv

Thank you so much for making this Jess. I think this is the best way for me to relive my Unicon days. It was such an overwhelming event, and I’m afraid I probably missed more than I should have but, it was truly amazing still.

Your DVD is awesome, no complaints, and I especially loved the soundtrack as usual with your work. I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Thanks heaps. It is easy to make an .ISO file from the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. It burns and works perfectly. Really, really nice job on it, you guys. And it was very thoughtful of you to make it available. I will make copies for any SARs riders interested.

I tried to download but it stopped less than 1/4 of the way through, so I guess I’ll just have to wait till I get home to download everything. What I saw looked good though.

Awesome work, Jess!! This is totally cool; I’m going to show it to pretty much everybody who’ll watch it… (mostly family :))

Makes me wish we were all still there at Unicon. That was so amazing. I can’t wait for Wellington…

Jess, that is AWESOME! Thanks so much for doing it and making it available in full-res for DVD burning. I really liked the commentary too - you did a really good job with that. Nice editing, perfect length.

A couple of suggestions for next time:

1. More special features
  2. Clean the lens!

Cheers and see you in a couple of days! I’ll bring my DVD of this to show my (non-unicycling) buddies we’re staying with in San Diego.

—Nathan

Thanks Jess (and Kit and others), and thanks for the burning instructions Olarf!

hey jess,

thank you for putting this great dvd together! i enjoyed watching it so much. i m sure i will watch it a second time!

johannes from germany.

great work on the vid jess! really captured unicon very well. the intro seqence was hot…so well done! thanks for putting the time into putting it together

This movie is awesome. You are a really good editor. I think I will put this on my iPhone for viewing on the subway.

Ive created a torrent file for those who would prefer to do it that way

unicon 14 torrent.zip (13.5 KB)

AWESOME VIDEO JESS! Thanks for putting all your hard work into creating it. I just finally got around to seeing it as the Hoover’s gave me a copy (for some reason I couldn’t make a dvd myself after lots of tries). I loved it and it’s a great souviner to have of UNICON! Hope to see and ride with you soon. I’ll buy you a beer or two next time I see you as a thanks!

Thanks for reviving this thread, Jamey, because I had the same problem you did, and I’ve still got about 8GB of failed attempts taking up space on my HD plus the two DVDs I burned. I followed the instructions provided by olarf and Harper, but I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone add any detail to their recommendations? I don’t usually put together DVDs to watch on a TV so not sure if I’m missing something basic…

I did just follow the instructions given and it worked great. I saved the files on my computer so can burn you one next time I see you John. Too bad - Grace is up in Sacramento today!

—Nathan